• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MSilvers

And, how can you reasonably expect confirmation of an unknown? They can tell you today, "Yeah, sure...October, no problem" and tomorrow it gets delayed until January because Gamechanger Widget A had an issue that it didn't have today. Are you going to be mad because it changed? More mad than not having been told anything, at all?

I'm not asking for "Yes definitely October" I understand they can't say that the same way they couldn't say definitely June or anything else. What I mean by confirm is that I've only heard October from the dealer so I'm asking for a confirmation that the current ETA for TGC from EBMM is October. I also understand they have the right to tell me nothing, but I guess I was curious if it is more of a delay due to paperwork/legal matters or more of a technical issue, but obviously they don't have to tell me anything, I just figured I'd see if they would.

drewbixcubed

I'm not asking for "Yes definitely October" I understand they can't say that the same way they couldn't say definitely June or anything else. What I mean by confirm is that I've only heard October from the dealer so I'm asking for a confirmation that the current ETA for TGC from EBMM is October. I also understand they have the right to tell me nothing, but I guess I was curious if it is more of a delay due to paperwork/legal matters or more of a technical issue, but obviously they don't have to tell me anything, I just figured I'd see if they would.

Silvers...Sorry for the late reply, for I was out of the office. To answer your question, we are finalizing a lot of the certifications, which puts aspects of the timeline out of our hands. However, we will get TGC out as soon as we can because we can't wait to put it in the publc's hands!

Good luck at school~

drewbixcubed

bassmonkeee...Thanks for the backup while I was away. However, please let us do our best to send an official response to the questions asked on these threads. We just want to make sure the "real" answer is coming from the source.

Thank you~

MSilvers

Thanks Drew. This bass is going to be insane! And fortunately I have may Stingray to play while I wait.

MSilvers

So now that it's December, and last we heard was late December/early January, just curious if that's still the ballpark ETA. Sorry for the constant questions, I'm like a kid on his way to Disney asking "are we there yet?"

Thanks!

drewbixcubed

Everything is still on schedule. Trust me.....you will know when things are ready!

Now, don't make me turn this car around!!!!! ;)

So now that it's December, and last we heard was late December/early January, just curious if that's still the ballpark ETA. Sorry for the constant questions, I'm like a kid on his way to Disney asking "are we there yet?"

Thanks!

MattOfSweden

Just watched a bunch of Game Changer vids (again), 2012 will be a good year! Thank you EBMM. :)
That's all.

ebachiushi

Just to update anyone else who's curious, last Bass Central told me is March.

it will be six months since my hard earned $$$$ departured from my visa to grandcentrallguitars paypal account... so the loss will be about $250 :( what will be the retail price? may be i should get my money back for now.

MSilvers

So I've heard some stuff from BP and other posters from NAMM that now with the Game-Changer you can also rewire the jack, and I heard something about mono/stereo, so is this kind of like the deal with Rickenbackers where you can have the bass in stereo with lets say the neck pick-up coming out of jack 1 (R) and the bridge pick-up simultaneously coming out of jack 2 (L) ?

Also with all of the new MIDI integration is there actually a 5 pin MIDI in and MIDI out jack on the instrument? Thanks Drew!

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
So for anyone who hasn't noticed, there's a new spec sheet on the Gamechanger Website: http://gamechanger.music-man.com/media/gfx/diagrams/bass_control.jpg

So the other output jack has been replaced with a MIDI jack?

That image also says 5 string... that's new, innit?

Not paying a lot of attention til it comes out of the oven. For now, it's just good smells.

REALLY hoping it's eventually released in a non-black, non-Reflex body, but not holding my breath on that one.

JayDawg

Not paying a lot of attention til it comes out of the oven. For now, it's just good smells.

REALLY hoping it's eventually released in a non-black, non-Reflex body, but not holding my breath on that one.

You know I'm kind of torn on this one. My work just approved overtime at time and a half plus shift differential so if I worked 1 extra shift a week for 2 months, I would have the money for a Game Changer. I got to play a 25th Anniversary Reflex today for the first time along with a Big Al finally and was really impressed. So the quandary I am in is if I should get a Game Changer when it comes out or not? I love the Reflex basses but I already have multiple black basses. I love black basses but I think I'm at the point where I want a little more variety now. But there is also something exciting about owning the very first ever production model of something totally new to the industry so I'll have too spend from now until the bass comes out deciding what I want to do.

MSilvers

I was sort of the same way with the Reflex, I loved the bass and would have preferred it in a different color, but overall the Game-Changing-ness got to me. I already have a bright orange bass anyways ha ha.

I also saw on the Game-Changer specs page that it's offered in fretless now???

Sort of curious what happened to the other output jack and how that will change the functionality. Also, will TGC come with an 8 pin MIDI cable?

Last edited:

JayDawg

So I just went back and re-watched all of the videos. It made me really anxious for both basses and guitars coming out too. I did notice some changes on the spec sheets though. On the color option as well as the binding options for both guitars and basses, it says, "To Be Determined" So does that mean that pretty soon you can order the Game Changer in other colors other than black? I also noticed in the video that you can add a piezo option to the guitar but it didn't say anything about the bass. And my final question is on the videos it showed I believe Dave LaRue playing a Game Changer that had an HSS pickup configuration as opposed to the HH pickup configuration. Will that configuration also be able to be ordered by the general public or was that just an experiment bass? In any event, I am really stoked about both guitars and basses coming out and if not now will definitely be getting one in the future after they are released. I just wish my work would hurry up and approve the overtime so I could work the extra hours needed.

MSilvers

ebachiushi, this is what Bass Central just told me:

"Should be within 2 weeks of the target date of late March. Very Soon"

ebachiushi

Thanks for update Man! I have a bit different date from GrandCentralGuitars - end of April... i decided to rename my GC (if i will ever have one) to Date Changer :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom