• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Neuromunger

Firstly I have also recently come into possession of an EBMM with a grimy fretboard. Secondly I don't work for EBMM.
However I have read plenty of forums discussing this very issue, many of which ignored the particular requirements of a maple board, e.g. no lemon oil.
I eventually bought Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes Fretboard Conditioner 6 Pack, it was only about $4/£3. Normally, I don't bother with these kinds of packs as they are less economical, but at the price I thought it was worth the investment. When the wipes arrived I was more than a little sceptical that these pads would remove what was over a decades worth of grunge and staining but... they worked like a dream. It took a bit of work but the wipes managed to remove the kind of problem you had with enough 'juice' left to clean another two basses of mine. Just thought I'd pass this on as I doubt I'm alone in reading lots of confusing things about maple necks and their cleaning requirements.

danny-79

That pickguard looks great. On my black classic, I decided to go all chrome look, including the pick guard!
bfcaa9d5c41a746ed9ec9fc835e54907.jpg
109a8ecee8d3fb39f55f526ad26756f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Always sceptical with chrome/mirrored pick guards but that all looks great ! (Nod to Phil) I like it :cool:

danny-79

Firstly I have also recently come into possession of an EBMM with a grimy fretboard. Secondly I don't work for EBMM.
However I have read plenty of forums discussing this very issue, many of which ignored the particular requirements of a maple board, e.g. no lemon oil.
I eventually bought Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes Fretboard Conditioner 6 Pack, it was only about $4/£3. Normally, I don't bother with these kinds of packs as they are less economical, but at the price I thought it was worth the investment. When the wipes arrived I was more than a little sceptical that these pads would remove what was over a decades worth of grunge and staining but... they worked like a dream. It took a bit of work but the wipes managed to remove the kind of problem you had with enough 'juice' left to clean another two basses of mine. Just thought I'd pass this on as I doubt I'm alone in reading lots of confusing things about maple necks and their cleaning requirements.

They did many moons ago also come in a bit pot like a roll of them but for the amount they get used they went dry before you were half way down the pack, even wrapped up in zip lock bags, multiple bags!
The individual single service are great and as you said will do a couple of necks

Top Bottom