• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tanax

The GC, will it be possible for EBMM to add more GC features to the Majesty in the future without us needing to purchase the "updated" Majesty version?

ohdamnitsdevin

Yep, that's right, and that's what we've been told since it was announced. GC is for the switching only.

There are at least 2 or 3 interviews where Brian Ball states with a downloaded app from the app store you'll be able to utilize the rest of the game changer technologies.

NickLee

Hmmm, reading the first couple pages of replies, it just seems any of you will gush at anything EBMM branded. No disrespect! I, too, am on this board for a reason...

Being an EBMM player quite a while, my initial thought on this design as I scrolled down the picture was "Parker Fly?". From a technical, craftsman-standpoint, I think the innovations and attention-to-detail is everything I've come to expect from Sterling and the boys & girls at the factory.

It also seems like JP is having an "identity crisis" every couple of years. Is it so bad that I love my gen1 JP6 more than any succeeding model?

I dunno... I'm just being cranky over the body-shape...Guitarists, right? ;) I'm also the first to say these things are very subjective to taste and style, so this is just me!

Ask yourself honestly, if this were released by another company, what would you think about it?

Tis BOOLsheet

Hmmm, reading the first couple pages of replies, it just seems any of you will gush at anything EBMM branded. No disrespect! I, too, am on this board for a reason...

Being an EBMM player quite a while, my initial thought on this design as I scrolled down the picture was "Parker Fly?". From a technical, craftsman-standpoint, I think the innovations and attention-to-detail is everything I've come to expect from Sterling and the boys & girls at the factory.

It also seems like JP is having an "identity crisis" every couple of years. Is it so bad that I love my gen1 JP6 more than any succeeding model?

I dunno... I'm just being cranky over the body-shape...Guitarists, right? ;) I'm also the first to say these things are very subjective to taste and style, so this is just me!

Ask yourself honestly, if this were released by another company, what would you think about it?

Well...you are on the company's forum. What do you expect? Most are going to be Yes Men. But some will tell you honestly what they think, as you can tell by some of the previous posts.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

its the chicory in the tim hortons...dead giveaway.

But canadians....Ok you guys have ruined the california desert with slow indecisive driving. if there is a traffic jam you can bet a couple from Manitoba has clear sailing ahead...

Now Lead guitarists.... the most insecure men or women on the planet....the public thinks of you as daring risk takers but deep inside its not possible without a strat or les paul....leave the crazy innovative things for us bass players.....

Now you my poor friend are canadian and a lead guitarist....,I will ight candles for you

And by the way I m only kidding except for the part about canadian drivers and lead guitarists

HAHAHAHAHAHA

JMB27

Majesty?

Interesting ideas for sure. Guess it really has been a while since I've been active on this 'board.

Definitely got my curiousity going on ..... part of what keeps drawing me back to EBMM

And, definitely I'm keen to see and hear more :) :cool:

cheers always, eh

Joel

Bungo

It horses for courses isn't it?

Like you I am an original JP model fan and that's fine. It takes a crowbar and a substantial explosion to make me move, so change for me happens very slowly.

Mr P clearly likes to experiment and change things regularly and that's fine. We get to sit back and watch the show and dip in to the stream of new stuff as and when we want to.

Nothing has bettered the original model's unfinished maple neck for me so far, so that's where I'm staying... for now. :D

felipelbl

Please, I'm buying one 7 strings and I really would love to know every details of this guitar. I'm sure its not just me, BP left us very curious about the sonic thumbprint matching thing.

Last edited:

Svava

Please, I'm buying one 7 strings and I really would love to know every details of this guitar. I'm sure its not just me, BP left us very curious about the sonic thumbprint matching thing.

I'll make a review of it (hopefully) once I get mine I think it'll arrive in July.

I do want to hear about that sonic thumbthing though xD!

katsumura78

+1
What's this sonic thumbprint thing all about ?!? I'm considering getting a majesty so I'm really curious about this.

Rachmaninoff

I don't know about John himself, but I also happen to like the first JP6 much more than any other variation. That right arm scoop is unique, and the smaller, light and rounded guitar is all about ergonomy and comfort. And it looks classy.

haryb

Just to support my fellow lefties, a message to Ernie Ball : Please make this guitar available in left handed version!!!!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee :) I would pay double the price for the lefty

Top Bottom