• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

EricVera

Eric - just to let you know I did get the EPK, and thank you for submitting it. Things are quite crazy-busy here and many MANY exciting things happening. We'll email you back in a timely manner. Thanks for your support of SBMM!

Mr. Martin, Thank you for taking the time and for checking it out! I don't mind waiting. I hope everything is Ok :)
And thank YOU for making such awesome instruments and specially for making them affordable.

Thanks Again! :)

Rogerlives

I recently became endorsed by Ernie ball/Music man. And i can tell you first hand unless you are making money using the name. you will not have a problem. Companies want musicians to market gear for them. They just dont want you making money off there name. As it would be illegal. Now if you want an endorsement deal. Make sure you have a gameplan and marketing plan set up. As you need to pitch yourself to them. Ask yourself what can you offer them? If they are investing in you what are you investing in them?

EricVera

I recently became endorsed by Ernie ball/Music man. And i can tell you first hand unless you are making money using the name. you will not have a problem. Companies want musicians to market gear for them. They just dont want you making money off there name. As it would be illegal. Now if you want an endorsement deal. Make sure you have a gameplan and marketing plan set up. As you need to pitch yourself to them. Ask yourself what can you offer them? If they are investing in you what are you investing in them?

Hi, it sounds interesting. And congrats on getting endorsed by EBMM. That's groovy. :)

But, I want to know something, 2 things actually, here I go:

1. Is it ok to use the EB and SBMM logos on my YouTube Videos?
You know, as part of a "slide image" on the intro or outro of a video? Like most dudes do.
Here's why I'm asking.
I know a lot of local guitar players who tag the Gear Brands they use (on flyers, fbook posts, etc) strings, guitars, amps, whatever, and they're not even endorsed by them.
I once asked them about it and they told me "It's because it makes us look professional".
And honestly, I don't think that's cool, since they're not doing it because they're convinced or in love with the product they're using,
but rather, just to see if they get "lucky" and get signed or noticed by them. They're pretending something they're not.
That's one reason why I'm asking. I don't want to do something stupid and/or illegal.

2. In the other hand, I've been using EB strings since I was a kid and SBMM guitars since December 2009.
And I get ask a lot about what kind of strings do I use, Guitar amps, my guitar model, etc. At gigs, online classes, clinics, back in high school, you name it.
I don't use them because they're "trendy" or anything, I use them because they're the best tools for me to make music with and to play live.
My dad uses slinkys, he gave me my first set of Slinkys when I was 9. I did tried other string brands once, but they don't come nowhere near to the EB quality.
I had students buying SBMM guitars because they saw me playing my JP50 PRB and they liked the sound and feel of the instrument, so, they gave it a try.
I'm asking before I do something silly. So, is it ok to use the logos on my videos? I'm using their products after all. But, then again, it's just a question.

Contrary to the other local guitar players, I've been using EB strings since day one and SBMM guitars from the beginning. On my career as a musician, on every album, live gig,
photoshoot, collaboration, everywhere I go, that's my main guitar. I know, it doesn't give me a right or anything, but, at least I'm real and honest because, that's the only
gear I've been using. I love it. JP, the man himslef said it once, "Nothing beats it", Mesa boogie and EB guitars all the way man.
I hope you can help me with my doubts.

Anyway, thanks for your reply my man, congrats again on the endorsement and Happy holidays! :)

Top Bottom