• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bhaavan Chauhan

Hi. I recently bought some ernie ball regular slinky strings on amazon and I'm afraid they might be counterfeit. I have bought these first time so I might be having false suspicion too but here's why I am considering this:
1) the paper packing of the lower three things has a lighter red colour graphic while the red colour on the paper on the higher three strings is darker.
2)the strings came with an earthwood rocksmith+ coupon which might have come from a pack of acoustic strings if it was not included with these.
Please let me know if this generally happens or if they counterfeit strings.
i have attached some pictures of the packaging and the strings. The product code in the package was 0612-7951-5287-3801-6263

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Neither the ink color of the string package, or the coupon seem particularly unusual to me. I’m pretty sure I got that same coupon in the back of slinky’s myself. And I would be surprised if anybody would counterfeit the coupon to go with counterfeit strings.

On Monday I will reach out to customer service and ask them for verification but I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

bhaavan Chauhan

Neither the ink color of the string package, or the coupon seem particularly unusual to me. I’m pretty sure I got that same coupon in the back of slinky’s myself. And I would be surprised if anybody would counterfeit the coupon to go with counterfeit strings.

On Monday I will reach out to customer service and ask them for verification but I don’t think you have anything to worry about.
Thanks I couldn't attach pictures they were too large but only the 3 lowest strings' packets had a really light red coloured graphics on them so I was a little suspicious. They feel alright though they don't have any oil on them like the counterfeit ones are said to have. I will not ask for refund as they feel ok to me.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Thanks I couldn't attach pictures they were too large but only the 3 lowest strings' packets had a really light red coloured graphics on them so I was a little suspicious. They feel alright though they don't have any oil on them like the counterfeit ones are said to have. I will not ask for refund as they feel ok to me.
Sorry for my delayed response. Customer service say your strings are real. If anyone has any doubts, contact EB with the code on the inside of the pack.

Strat-man

Hi everyone
I have an order placed on eBay for some packets of strings, 3 for the price of 2
I’ve just noticed the seller is based in China so I’m concerned now, if they’re likely to be fake.
They cost £12.93 and free postage I’ll repost when they arrive but I’m not feeling too confident.

Top Bottom