• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

romucci

I have 3 majesties from 2019.
Whenever I lower the volume all the way down, I can still hear the guitar through my audio interface, quad cortex or axe fx 3. But somehow it doesn't happen when connecting straight into an amp...

Any clues?

Roxy

I've had a similar experience and thought maybe it was a volume pot issue, or that it needed to be cleaned, but then I found that the input gate and/or a delay caused the issue. My volume would also go from off to nearly all the way up quickly. When I turned off the gate and/or delay, or tweaked the block settings everything was fine. I also had the mono/stereo setting incorrect for what I was doing with the Helix Floor, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the volume issues.

tbonesullivan

Do those interfaces have stereo input jacks? Is the Majesty set to Mono or Stereo operation? Where is the piezo volume set at?

Roxy

I'm experimenting with TRS stereo cable > Tekwerk Instruments TRS Splitter > GUITAR in (magnetic) > Aux (piezo) into Helix Floor. From there I need to explore the rig/routing options. Wireless would be tricky if possible at this point. I also have a Kemper Stage, FM3, and QC to experiment with.

I also go 4CM to my JP-2C using only the Helix effects and/or couple pedals via the three extra Helix FX loops.

Roxy

I've had a similar experience and thought maybe it was a volume pot issue, or that it needed to be cleaned, but then I found that the input gate and/or a delay caused the issue. My volume would also go from off to nearly all the way up quickly. When I turned off the gate and/or delay, or tweaked the block settings everything was fine. I also had the mono/stereo setting incorrect for what I was doing with the Helix Floor, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the volume issues.
Update: I'm still experiencing volume control issues so I've contacted customer service. My Majesty 6 needs repair, but my Majesty 7 through the same amp or modelers is fine. No issues. Maybe it's the volume pot, or something is loose. I've got some play around the control. Probably a simple repair.

Radius540

Hi, new guy to the forums with a JP15. I get that same low output on my amp more than my Quad.

I would think a pot could not “zero”

My gate does not quiet it either.

Considering the pot is as free moving, it could be the design of the pot itself

Top Bottom