• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wesman11483

I've lost the desire to experiment any further or to keep hunting for a "better" instrument. I have found MY model and will happily stick with it!
I suck as a guitar player anyway!

This is exactly how I feel about the Axis. I tried them all...had several PRS (mostly Singlecuts), then went to a Duesenberg Starplayer, then a Gretsch White Penguin, then a vintage Gibson LP Junior.
There was always something missing. I let the Junior go for a Luke 3 and cash and I fell in love with that neck. Ended up trading the Luke for my first Axis, an MM90. Added a Cutlass SSS, but was missing the ability to switch to a humbucker, so I traded it for a PRS CE-22 and used the coil splitting to get the "strat-esque" sound I wanted. Then loved my second Axis HH so much I sold the PRS and just bought an Axis HSS.

Find what feels and sounds the best for what you need - whether that's one model or several. That's going to be different for everybody, as long as it has Ernie's name on the headstock.

JasonT

As stated in countless forums, I've lost the desire to experiment any further or to keep hunting for a "better" instrument. I have found MY model and will happily stick with it!

Me, too! Two LIIIs HH. Different wood combos.

tj1

I think something traditional like a Silhouette(which I have already got),and then if I thought I deserved it something as different sounding as possible? - like one of those futuristic looking 7 string Majesty guitars. Would'nt necessarily buy new though

Etudica

What a simple question...
1) Purple Nebula Majesty 6
2) Purple Nebula Majesty 7

Top Bottom