• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

I recently got Bongo 6HH SBK. It is the most comfortable 6 I have played. I have Yamaha RBX 6JM, RBX JM2, six string fretless Harley Benton, Bongo is lightest, best sounding machine. I also tried 6 string Warwick, Yamaha TRB6JP and few others six stringers. The spacing is little bit bigger than in others, the neck seems to be thicker, but overall comfort is much better than on all other 6 stringers. The biggest thing is that when I have played very spread positions on low strings on 6 strings (1-4 fret, strings B and E) I had quickly hand fatigue, that's why few years ago I switched to SR5 as main instrument. Now Bongo replaced it as I do not have that fatigue; I have tried it on my Yamahas and it come quickly.

I’ve only ever played a Bongo 6 in a shop and will agree with you they do balance quite comfortably in a seated position, This was a newer one with the lighter hardware. I’m not that experienced with a 6 to comment on string spacing but that’s the general word of people wanting to see it a bit narrower at the nut.

danny-79

I’m Getting desperate. A local shop has a 6H for sale that I don’t particularly like the look of but it’s starting to look appealing
:rolleyes::eek::):confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom