• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Golem

HiddeR, you say the price is too high if it’s not the original FB. No offense intended but that sounds somewhat like a collector value mindset. If the quality is equal to original, though not historically original, the only reason to walk away from a great find such as that bass would be if the price seriously outrageous, reeeeally unreasonable.

If it’s priced on the high end of UK market value, that is well within reason if this ax verrrry much wants to follow you home.

I was very lucky last year to pay a bit below market for an ‘89 3-band maple board FL that has the typical irregular looking black filler where the frets used to be. The cosmetics saved me a few hundred $$ ... the body finish is rather worn as well. There’s no way to really hide fret removal, but this conversion is verrrry professionally done despite that cosmetic fact of life. So if it had been priced a bit high instead of a bit low, I’d now be just as much in love with it.

A bass that you MUST have is worth any semi-reasonable price. Have you heard that ax yet, or just seen pictures ... I know if you heard my ‘89 you’d be asking “What will it cost me ?!?”. My only possible answer is “You’ll have to ask my widow !!”

Last edited:

drTStingray

Thanks, drT!

So the side dots are entirely inside the rosewood (or pao ferro) on yours, albeit closer to the maple than to the top of the fingerboard, is that correct? (Sorry, I haven't seen that many fretless basses!)

Do you have a pic?

HI guys, pics showing neck dots on my 93 SR4 fretless

Attachments

• fretless neck 1.jpg
    fretless neck 1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 92
  • fretless neck 2.jpg
    fretless neck 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom