• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dr. Metal

I have a 2002 JP6 with piezo pickups. This past weekend, the nut to the piezo switch fell off while on stage and I couldn't find it. The crazy thing is that I have a lot of rando guitar parts including nuts for pots and switches. However, none of them are large enough. I even have some brand new pots and their nuts are too small too. I have been searching, but can't seem to find this spec and I really to fix my guitar.

Can someone help me out and tell me the size so I can order an replacement? A link to the part would be awesome too!

Thanks,
Rick

Vadauco

I'd rather contact Music Man and buy the original part.

But I really need to ask: how did it fall on the stage? Were you changing the strings on the stage?

Dr. Metal

Thanks. That is what I ended up doing. Spending $30 for an entire switch assembly when I only need a $0.10 nut is a bit extreme though.

How did what fall? Not sure that you understand what happened. Screws and nuts come loose from time to time. I try to keep after them and check my guitars but I guess this one got past me. I didn’t notice it happen while I was playing. I didn’t notice it until I went to switch back to that guitar later in the set. It is a small nut. I got lucky that I found the washer on the stage, but have no idea where the nut went. I don’t change strings on stage though. No time for that. Lol!!

beej

I'd guess 1/4", since that's a common size for jacks, switches, etc. But if you have the washer, just measure the diameter of the hole.

Top Bottom