• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

headcrash

Wait, rectangular and zinc/silver pickup lugs on the Axis and rectangular lug cavities on the AL? What pickups are these?

tbonesullivan

I don't need another luke III. I don't need another Luke III. I don't need another Luke III.

Now, if it was blue Dawn, I'd need another Luke III. That's how much I love blue dawn.

kimonostereo

Wait, rectangular and zinc/silver pickup lugs on the Axis and rectangular lug cavities on the AL? What pickups are these?

It’s the first thing I noticed. Was going to ask that here but you beat me to it. Unless Dimarzio has stopped using the triangular ears, maybe these are made in house?

Flash Gordon

This is why they need to announce the offerings earlier! I just picked up a green Axis Tribute 2nd Hand. If I had only known a Predator was coming... I would have saved extra pennies for the BFR. SMOKIN HOT!!!

ps. Still need to update my signature :(

dibart77

Good eye, @headcrash. That was the original prototype/NAMM guitar. Perhaps they were considering custom EBMM pickups for this BFR run.

However, the actual guitars that shipped have stock DiMarzio Axis pickups. See this example from The Music Zoo on Reverb:
nsr59imwvn2t8xllcsqx.jpg

Normal route and normal pickups.

kimonostereo

Good eye, @headcrash. That was the original prototype/NAMM guitar. Perhaps they were considering custom EBMM pickups for this BFR run.

However, the actual guitars that shipped have stock DiMarzio Axis pickups. See this example from The Music Zoo on Reverb:
nsr59imwvn2t8xllcsqx.jpg

Normal route and normal pickups.

Whew! I have, and always will like the look of the triangle ears for these guitars. It’s been something that has made the Axis so special from day one when it was the EVH. Glad they haven’t changed.

Daniel

Hi Headcrash,
There hasn't been any changes to the electronics on these BFR guitars. They are the same pickups that come on the non-BFR models.

Top Bottom