• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jeffjong

I bought a Music Man Kaizen and i have a problem with the tuning stability after using the trem.
After receiving the guitar I left the guitar unplayed in the room for 1 day, loosend the strings and added music nomad tune-it at the nut and the saddles.
When i tune the the guitar it stays in tune until i use the trem. All strings go out of tune with the g- string the most notacible. After using the trem, when I bend the strings lightly, they are again in tune.
The guitar has the standard strings on them.

What advise do you have for me to get the guitar to stay in tune.

(I also sent this mail to Music Man)

beej

The G-string is always the culprit. Part of this is just the nature of playing with a trem.

If you watch people that use the trem regularly (Jeff Beck is a good example), they'll give the trem a slight pull up after diving it. That pulls the guitar back in tune.

jeffjong

The G-string is always the culprit. Part of this is just the nature of playing with a trem.

If you watch people that use the trem regularly (Jeff Beck is a good example), they'll give the trem a slight pull up after diving it. That pulls the guitar back in tune.
Unfortunately you can only make a one way motion with the Kaizen tremelo. I ‘ll try to put on new strings ( hybrid slinky 9-46) and perhaps the nut have to wear out a little. Other than that, I really like the design and playability of the guitar.

GWDavis28

Unfortunately you can only make a one way motion with the Kaizen tremelo. I ‘ll try to put on new strings ( hybrid slinky 9-46) and perhaps the nut have to wear out a little. Other than that, I really like the design and playability of the guitar.
Have you contacted the dealer? If it's still under warranty might not hurt to go that route.

Glenn |B)

jeffjong

I bought a Music Man Kaizen and i have a problem with the tuning stability after using the trem.
After receiving the guitar I left the guitar unplayed in the room for 1 day, loosend the strings and added music nomad tune-it at the nut and the saddles.
When i tune the the guitar it stays in tune until i use the trem. All strings go out of tune with the g- string the most notacible. After using the trem, when I bend the strings lightly, they are again in tune.
The guitar has the standard strings on them.

What advise do you have for me to get the guitar to stay in tune.

(I also sent this mail to Music Man)
I received a mail from Ernie Ball and they advised me to check the clamping knobs from the Steinberger tuners and to tighten them. That seemed -apart from a stubborn G-string- to resolve the problems. Thanks for your help and advise.

Kaizen back normaal.jpeg

Kaizen front normaal.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom