• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

aufgangs

Hi guys,

What is the rarest of the LIII guitars?

Do you think the Luke III 25th Anniversary Bermuda Blue guitar will be the most rare and sought after Luke guitar?

tbonesullivan

It's limited to 25 pieces, which is probably far lower than the other BFR offerings. With that color, the laser etching, etc, it will definitely be more appealing as a collector's piece, IMHO.

The Buckeye Burl and Tumescent don't even compare.

aufgangs

It's limited to 25 pieces, which is probably far lower than the other BFR offerings. With that color, the laser etching, etc, it will definitely be more appealing as a collector's piece, IMHO.

The Buckeye Burl and Tumescent don't even compare.

Thank you!!!

kerryman

Wow, beautiful limited guitar. Are these all sold out already? Who has one or has had the opp to play one?

PeteDuBaldo

Wow, beautiful limited guitar. Are these all sold out already? Who has one or has had the opp to play one?

I play tested ours. Sonically the single coils are very open, clear, and glassy sounding, and the bridge has a good amount of power to it without blowing away the singles. I really liked the voicings of the single coils, and I'm a humbucker guy.

Fro

I was really close to pulling the trigger on this one but I've pulled the trigger to many times already this year.

Maybe...

Wayniac

I think I saw Luke playing one of these Monday night.. didn't have my glasses on, but I was intrigued by the block inlays...

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I play tested ours. Sonically the single coils are very open, clear, and glassy sounding, and the bridge has a good amount of power to it without blowing away the singles. I really liked the voicings of the single coils, and I'm a humbucker guy.

I was wondering. The singles in my Cutlass have a shade less bass and high treble and little more upper mid cream than the DiMarzio Area singles in my Silhouette Special. I'd describe it as a slightly creamier, woodier sound than the Area's mkore vintage 50's-ish pristine cleans. A great choice for a Luke guitar!

Top Bottom