• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mr.b

Good work Darren. If you do manage to get it working in a VP JNR then I'm all over it. Even if not, I'm still needing one.

I do like to DIY stuff so a schematic would be sweet.

colinboy

I'm not sure what a YouTube video would exactly demonstrate... "Here's the magnetic sound. Here's the piezo sound. Here's me blending between the two."

If people don't "get it" from the description, chances are they aren't looking for it and don't need it. :)

The video demo would be good for sales my friend.it would be interesting to see the difference between the video spud did for the stereo EB volume/pan pedal and your new design.:);)

darren

Hey, guys. I've decided that as much as i'd love to start making and selling these pedals, i really don't like soldering all that much, and i've got other things on the go that i'd rather devote my time and energy to. :D

The good news is that i've published the schematic for the basic version of the pedal, which should work for just about everybody. If anybody has any improvements or refinements they'd like to make, that would be awesome... i would just ask that you share them with the whole community, so people can DIY them or have them made.

Here's the link:

The Magnetic/Piezo blend pedal | Decibel Guitars

Bryan Prescott

Wow I have searched high and low for many years for a blind pedal for a hybrid guitar it would blend between the acoustic Beauty and a little bit of Drive from the humbucker I built several instruments and I even tried to make a pedal I still have it but in reality it works more like an on and off pedal I put sliders pots. Very interesting but nobody is built something for these hybrid guitars. We need to talk if you figured out how to make it work I sure would like you to build me one I currently have a Godin A6 and I use 2 volume pedals which is tricky to but it's the only way I can make it work. Thanks contact me let me know if you can help me build one or possibly build me one

Bryan Prescott

That's my dream

Wow I have searched high and low for many years for a blind pedal for a hybrid guitar it would blend between the acoustic Beauty and a little bit of Drive from the humbucker I built several instruments and I even tried to make a pedal I still have it but in reality it works more like an on and off pedal I put sliders pots. Very interesting but nobody is built something for these hybrid guitars. We need to talk if you figured out how to make it work I sure would like you to build me one I currently have a Godin A6 and I use 2 volume pedals which is tricky to but it's the only way I can make it work. Thanks contact me let me know if you can help me build one or possibly build me one

BUC

I know you can absolutely do this inside a couple different versions of the later PODs or the Helix.

I love the Piezo/Mag blend through different signal paths. Trevor Rabin used to use it a lot.

It seems like the piezo as a solid body guitar tool is not quite in vogue these days, which is unfortunate because technology has made it more useful and easier than ever. Anyone who uses a modeller/FRFR rig can take advantage of it with nothing more than a different cord from the guitar to the modeller. Not like the old days where you had to have two seperate rigs for your piezo and your magnetic pickups.

Top Bottom