• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

John Czajkowski

Edit: Here is the original clip showing the bad-ass new Egnater EG5 preamp module, but I went back and took a c' hair off below 150 KHz with a gentle Q in remix. I normally record with the cabs safely in the other room so I don't tweak myself, but as I was getting used to the new module the other night, I was within the killzone of one of my cabs...the ears were toast when I popped the clip up. This one is more to my liking and how the amp really sounds to me now.

Remixed Morse-Egnater EG5 clip:

Start Player

kneeoh

Sweet sounds John! Thank you so much. I can't wait for my Mod50 (w/EG5 and MHG). I just received a VX module as a present from a friend but don't have the actual head yet. ("Soon" according to Bruce and Frank). I'll just listen to your clips over and over to tide me over.

John Czajkowski

Thanks for checking it out guys.

Sweet sounds John! Thank you so much. I can't wait for my Mod50 (w/EG5 and MHG). I just received a VX module as a present from a friend but don't have the actual head yet. ("Soon" according to Bruce and Frank). I'll just listen to your clips over and over to tide me over.

Yeah, the wait can be hell. Whiel there is still time, I am wonderign why you have two modules that basically are doing the same job. Pretty much two large caliber hunting rifles....The VOX will get you a range of clean, low gain tones - but all very, well...VOX'y which is great for some stuff, but it won't take you into the Fendertype of clean area at all - if that matters to you. For me, this is essential. The most heavenly of the Fender type modules is the Twin/Deluxe. It sounds amazing with all the pickup cominations you can throw at it with the Morse, but my fav's are single coil with my Choraflange. When we cover any Eric Johnson material, I'm living off that one! I replaced my Morse single coils with DiMarzio Area pu's as they got me closer to the EJ clean tone which I love so much.

kneeoh

Call me a heathen, but I've never really been into the Fender-type clean. I much prefer the Vox-kind of jangle... probably because I grew up admiring the tones that John and George had, as well as the Yardbird tones that Jeff Beck had. I also like the way it breaks up so you get that Brian May overdrive. Yeah, I know that the EG5 and the MHG a pretty hefty guns to be hauling out, but to my ears they each have a distinct tone all there own. The MHG tone-wise reminds me of the Mesa Mark IV (at least it does when played with my fingers) while the EG5 is more remniscent of a Recto w/o the low-end "burpiness".

The ultimate goal is to have 2 heads. One dedicated to the balls and chunk and the other for clean tones. I'll get the Twin/Deluxe module to complement the VX cuz i do occasionally go for the EJ bell tones... nothing beats that sound. I suppose I could have just gotten an M4 preamp but I like the flexibility of 2 separate set-ups.

Any chance HMW will be heading out Detroit way? I'd love to catch your show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom