• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

TheDjentleman

Hey Guys^^

I recently got my Musicman Majesty 7 String. The guitar is amazing but it had some problems when it arrived here. I could solve most of them by myself, but I still have a problem with the tremolo.
Whenever I use it the guitar loses its tuning. When I pull on it the tuning goes up and when I push it down or do a flutter the tuning goes down.
The strings are brand new.

Do you have any ideas what else I could do? I also put graphite on the string´s contact points....

Sincerly, Alex

PS: Sry for my bad english :eek:

MajtasticVoyage

I think it's probably the strings. New strings are notorious for taking a few hours of play before they stay in tune; ESPECIALLY if you're using the trem.

It does not sound like a problem with the guitar, although, you may check the locking tuners and make sure they're hand-tightened enough to prevent string slippage.

TheDjentleman

The strings are on the guitar for 4 days now and fully stretched. The locking tuners are closed tight, if they weren't, the tuning would also change when I play bends.
It must be a problem with the tremolo itself.
but thanks for you reply :)

joejaeger

I just received a 7 string Majesty and it also arrived with tuning issues. When I dive the bar, some strings would go sharp. If I bend the same strings with my fingers some go flat. It only takes one time either way to make this guitar go out of tune, it is happening on all strings so I can't say it's only one like in some cases.

I swapped out strings, used fret sauce on the nut and where the string first touches the saddle on the bridge, made sure Trem is level, but nothing has helped.

I have several guitars here with different tremolo's some fixed bridge guitars and all have great tuning stability. The Majesty arrived On Saturday the 10th, but the place I purchased from is closed till Tuesday so I am wondering if I should just send it back and get a refund or get a hold of someone from Ernie ball Warranty and see if they can get this fixed without to much trouble?

This is my first Music Man Guitar Majesty guitar, I did play another one recently and it had rock solid tuning, so I am greatly disappointing that this does not.

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
When I dive the bar, some strings would go sharp. If I bend the same strings with my fingers some go flat.

What strings and tuning are you using? This sounds to me like a nut issue. Did you put on bigger gauge strings than factory?

As always, none of us here can properly diagnose any one guitar without having it in front of us (and even then...), contact customer service. It's what they are there for.

joejaeger

What strings and tuning are you using? This sounds to me like a nut issue. Did you put on bigger gauge strings than factory?

As always, none of us here can properly diagnose any one guitar without having it in front of us (and even then...), contact customer service. It's what they are there for.

Thanks for the heads up, I did contact the seller and Customer service for Music Man. I put on Ernie Ball 7 string regular Slinky's 10-56, after the strings that came with the guitar would not stay in tune. Far as I know the strings the Majesty arrived with were the ones from the factory.

What is a bit upsetting is I can't record with this guitar because it won't stay in tune, I play Metal type music similar to John's and this guitar should be way way way more solid than it is. I am suppose to make some product demo's using this guitar well that was the plan so the disappointment just keeps growing.

Last edited:

TheDjentleman

I already put some graphite on the contact points of the strings. Since then they move as they should. It must be a problem with the tremolo, because, as i sad, it doesn't happen when I bend the strings.
I think that the tremolo does not go back in its position after I moved it, so should I change the springs? I got one extra pair.

Musikron

Inspect the knife edges on the trem. They're not really hardened enough IMO, I've had to dress mine a couple times now so can speak from experience. After cleaning them up with a file they operate much better (for a while).

Top Bottom