• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

threeminutesboy

Amazing stuff in that BFR offer this month!

You guys never stop to surprise me and that’s why I’m still around after all those years!

dave1812

ProMusicTools in Germany is a good bet, but I haven't seen anything on their website as of yet. Buying from the US is your best chance. Check out MyUS.com for a smoother shipping process.

Yeah, i tried promusictools. but their pricing for the eminence purple jp15 (Music Man USA John Petrucci JP15-7 BFR Eminence Purple - Limited Edition | ProMusicTools) is beyond ridiculous!
So unless i get one from the states or another european dealer for a better price, i don't think i'll get a Paradise Pink JP after all :(

dave1812

The Sweetwater ones don't seem to have much-figured necks:
Access to this page has been denied.

Shame. It's only aesthetics, but at this price and with 'figured' specified on the guitar's description, I'd definitely want it. My core JP15 has a great-looking flame maple neck!

Most of the JPs i found so far didn't blow me away in terms of the "Figured Maple" or not so figured maple...
Maybe I'll just have to get a trans black JP15 and live with the maple fretboard instead of ebony :(

johnnyboogie

Yeah, i tried promusictools. but their pricing for the eminence purple jp15 (Music Man USA John Petrucci JP15-7 BFR Eminence Purple - Limited Edition | ProMusicTools) is beyond ridiculous!
So unless i get one from the states or another european dealer for a better price, i don't think i'll get a Paradise Pink JP after all :(

European dealers have high prices, indeed. But that's to be expected with all the import fees etc. I guess the European price for the BFR JP15 wil be something like 4500 euros unfortunately.

dave1812

European dealers have high prices, indeed. But that's to be expected with all the import fees etc. I guess the European price for the BFR JP15 wil be something like 4500 euros unfortunately.

Yeah, just got the quote from my Dealer :(
4.8k is a bit too much for my taste.
And i don't feel comfortable paying that much for a guitar, that could have a weak top or neck, since i can't select from a couple of guitars :(
I guess I'll have to go with the Regular JP15 in Black Burst, even though i don't like the maple fretboard

GWDavis28

And i don't feel comfortable paying that much for a guitar, that could have a weak top or neck, since i can't select from a couple of guitars :(
I guess I'll have to go with the Regular JP15 in Black Burst, even though i don't like the maple fretboard

Or wait for a used one to show up.

Glenn |B)

johnnyboogie

Yeah, the 'figured maple' issue is a big deal for me as well. EBMM is certainly inconsistent when it comes to that. Major drag. Check the For Sale thread, a forumite is selling a Valentine. Insane neck! That's how they all should be. Grace and consistency.

dave1812

Yeah, the 'figured maple' issue is a big deal for me as well. EBMM is certainly inconsistent when it comes to that. Major drag. Check the For Sale thread, a forumite is selling a Valentine. Insane neck! That's how they all should be. Grace and consistency.

That Valentine Neck is insane!
That's what i'd expect for a Limited Edition that says "Figured Maple"

lifeson1

That Valentine Neck is insane!
That's what i'd expect for a Limited Edition that says "Figured Maple"

Yeah, I agree with that. . . I usually am not very easy to disappoint with EBMM, but I think the neck figuring is one of the bench marks that EBMM should never let their standards down on. The pink JP15's certainly leave a lot to be desired in that area. For a special run, it should pop from the bottom to the top.

jones4tone

Yeah, I agree with that. . . I usually am not very easy to disappoint with EBMM, but I think the neck figuring is one of the bench marks that EBMM should never let their standards down on. The pink JP15's certainly leave a lot to be desired in that area. For a special run, it should pop from the bottom to the top.

I’m really torn on this. I love the appearance of a crazy quilted top or flamed neck as much as the next player, but I also recognize that these are crafted from harvested timber. Variation is a feature of that timber. I’m not experienced in this, and would love to read someone’s take who is, but especially with necks, it seems that it could be difficult to judge what the appearance will be of a neck after it’s milled from a given piece of maple? It seems like it would be easier to judge a body or top blank for it’s grain, since it is exposed to a greater degree before you begin building from it.

I’m fortunate to have three EBMM guitars with roasted necks. One is pretty spectacular, another is pretty special, and the other is not nearly so striking, but I don’t worry about it, since it plays like a dream anyway.

Fro

The neck on my new BFR JP15 has a very nice flame.

0c50e0305745f40a8818ba75b47b8af0.jpg

1972d89d6d6b3b5b914068184e778013.jpg

62862cb0055b2ff6d474f576e73eac43.jpg

6cab8f3c2d26e4e7a096bbe503ee120a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fro

Not the best lighting.

60ab76fc3a20f23dc5019f23ca25039b.jpg

3628f58ea9019ff1cf9115eab6ff98fa.jpg

1ad3b25238322ca0aa0bcf4a1058173a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom