• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MikeVt

First of all my humble apoloiges for the bump. But this is a question related to this guitar.

But any of the forumites or EBMM staff know if this one is chambered like the other JPX models or not? GC's website doesn't seem to list too many technical specs.

It's a standard JP BFR, not a JPX - so no chambering. Keep in mind that the JPX is the only JP model that is chambered. The JPXI and JP12 are not...

Mike

sundar

Does the JP BFR come the 5 way switch?
I am just a little confused because the site says JPX but doesn't mention chambering but seems to have the 5 way switch.

acwild

Does the JP BFR come the 5 way switch?
I am just a little confused because the site says JPX but doesn't mention chambering but seems to have the 5 way switch.

The guitar in the link looks like a JPX (chambered version) as it has the blade selector. Also the upper horn is skinny. My money is on that being the 5-way switch.

Tis BOOLsheet

There should be more customization options for the JP models. If that guitar had SS frets I'd be in 100%, more so than I am for the JPXI or JP12. I know customization is more expensive for EBMM, but I think people would pay extra for it.

the24thfret

It's a standard JP BFR, not a JPX - so no chambering. Keep in mind that the JPX is the only JP model that is chambered. The JPXI and JP12 are not...

Mike

You are incorrect, sir. This is a JPX, therefore it is chambered.

acwild

There should be more customization options for the JP models. If that guitar had SS frets I'd be in 100%, more so than I am for the JPXI or JP12. I know customization is more expensive for EBMM, but I think people would pay extra for it.

All of the new JP guitars will have stainless steel frets as standard. No extra charge either. Gotta love EBMM.

MikeVt

you are incorrect, sir. This is a jpx, therefore it is chambered.

doh! :rolleyes: I didn't even click the link before responding. I thought we were talking about the 46th Anniversary Bahama Blue ones again!!! My bad...

I'll probably make the same mistake next year when a 48th anniversary something or other comes out. :p

Mike

yellowv03

I can't believe they still have like 7 of these in stock. Damn I wish I had the money. I clicked on each one and the tops are friggin ridiculous on every one of them.

sundar

Went to GC and tried the guitar out. Top and color totally sucks. Had to pull the trigger....

:) :) :)

Motocrow

I’m new to this forum and I know this post is older but I just acquired one of these guitars on a trade , I confirmed the serial number and also talked to the guys at EBMM for confirmation. there is little to no info on this guitar except it Is 1 of 35 limited run. In reality is it worth a normal JPX or is it more valuable because the limited run ? Any insight would be great! It’s truly an amazing guitar . Thanks

Top Bottom