• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BassArtIsCure

i have them same nikon, what do I need to do to get pics like that?

First of all: you need a gooood light!!! (here a cloudy afternoon for consistent light from all directions), a background with no objects to mirror in the bass (here the cloudy sky too.. in most of the pics with the bright reflections) and a ZOOM-Lens (my is 70-300) with a switchable MACRO function activated for the macro pictures. All the rest... is just a good eye and trying many small angle-changes to get these pictures look well.:D
The black&white one is done with the photoshop CS4 function.

Greetings from Germany!
Bartek

Last edited:

Jornan

I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find information, nor stores that have this bass. Where did you buy it?

MrMusashi

special edition made for the german distributor.. you will not find one unless you go to germany (or austria.. i think music meyer does both countries) ;)

MrM

Jornan

I can't walk around in Germany and look for a bass :p I have to know whish stores that sell them etc ...

BassArtIsCure

I can't walk around in Germany and look for a bass :p I have to know whish stores that sell them etc ...

One (new) is still available on Ebay Germany for 2049 Euros from a serious dealer... You should get one from THOMANN Shop too.

Shipping to you is no problem I think, contact the dealer first.:confused:

Greetings from Germany!

Jornan

Thanks.
I think it's the most beautiful bass I've ever seen. I really want one, but I don't like the price :p Since it's only 50 made, I guess I have to decide quite soon if I want one or not, before they are all sold ...

BassArtIsCure

Thanks.
I think it's the most beautiful bass I've ever seen. I really want one, but I don't like the price :p Since it's only 50 made, I guess I have to decide quite soon if I want one or not, before they are all sold ...

The lowest price I've seen: 1,989.00 EUR.:cool: It's your decision, but should not take tooo long I think. The bass is worth every cent you'll spend, believe me.:)

Greetings from Germany!

Stingray 4 Nut

Thanks.

If you are located in Norway, I think you don´t need to pay the VAT (taxes) for European Union (and Germany), am I right? So you can ask the German dealer to take 19% off that prices that includes the taxes. So you will pay around 1600 EUR + shipping.

MrMusashi

you dont pay tax in the shipping country, so you can deduct the german tax.. but you have to pay tax in norway which is 25% (and tax is also added to the freight cost) so it still will be around 2k €...

MrM

BassArtIsCure

So, there are two board-members with this Stingray:

Me: Hamburg Germany
FunkyPunky: Hamburg, Germany

(yes both in Hamburg :), anyone else joining the Ebony-Ray club?? There are 50 pieces, so we are searchin another 48 players:D)

FunkyPunky

...would be so cool, if there were even more guys, that own an Ebony edition AND do live in Hamburg/Germany (at least in a suburb) :cool: But two is quite a nice ratio, I guess, considering the quantity...

-FunkPunky

FunkyPunky

you dont pay tax in the shipping country, so you can deduct the german tax.. but you have to pay tax in norway which is 25% (and tax is also added to the freight cost) so it still will be around 2k €...

MrM

MrM, let me tell you: that bass is worth a lot more than 2k. And please consider: BassArt paid 2k as well although he's located in Germany (actually, I didn't pay that much :D ...)
I'm playing the bass for more than 17years now. So I checked out quite a lot basses, I can tell... When I first thought of whether to buy that bass or not, I wanted a second Humbucker on that bass. But as soon as I plugged that bass into my amp, it became clear that that bass simply doesn't need a second one as the sound is thick as a brick, round and warm.

my 0,02 EUR
-FunkPunky

Flatwound.

Hey, BassArt and FunkyPunky, do you have soundclips or videos (on youtube etc)?
I'd love to hear your basses!

absolut neidische grüße aus osnabrück.

kylierider

Fabulous bass. The perfect bass.

Seems to me that most dealers would ship worldwide. So If someone wanted it bad enough I'll bet it could be had. I sold my Alembic to a guy in germany. Shipping via USPS was 149.00 in the case. If I had the money I'd be all over it.

BassArtIsCure

Hey folks!

I'll get a silver Simon Gallup (The Cure) signature on the Headstock of my bass!! I arranged this for the next Hurricane Festival during the Cure gig!
Great! The bass will get unvaluable for me :)

Greets from Hamburg!

Top Bottom