• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Update - resurrecting my thread :). I'm still in love with this guitar. I've sold off a bunch of guitars recently (home improvements take precedence) but even my wife told me "don't you dare sell that guitar!" as she knows how much I love playing it. To REALLY take it over the top I had a pair of Duncan Pearly Gates installed a while back. OMG are they sweet! I'd put this guitar up against any LP on the planet. Simply insanely good IMHO. Also, I just dropped it off for installation of a 5 way switch. I'm having it hooked up like the AL 5-way works so I can get a few more sweet sounds out of it. Can't wait to get it back! :). I'm still blown away that you can still buy these over 4 years after they were released. Pricey but if one has the means an insanely good guitar. One of the best kept secrets EBMM has in my opinion. Thanks for reading.

wannarock8

My local GC had one of these on clearance. But by the time I started thinking "hey that might be a nice dual humbucker guitar for the music I'm recording", it was gone.
Since then I got a pair of Axis Super Sports and I think the sound of those is a little better suited to the music I'm doing, but these BFR Morse guitars are pretty amazing. Thanks for posting the pics.

skhan007

I will have to concur. That guitar is flat out beautiful. I also love that reverse headstock! I wish that I could find guitars like this locally to check out and play, as I really am interested to know the differences neck feel, between various models.

edhalen

Just got the guitar back yesterday. The 5-way switch with the AL wiring (position 1 - bridge HB, 2 - outer coils, 3 both HB, 4 - inner coils, 5 - neck HB) was definitely the way to go. The Pearly Gates pups sound great in this configuration. I now have the stratty and tele sounds to go with the insanely good hb sounds :). The only thing that would be even better would be if there was NO volume drop in positions 2 and 4. It's not enough to worry about but would be even better if there was no volume drop at all.

Top Bottom