• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

b-unit

I bought one BP! :) I ordered my lefty Bongo 5H new in 2009 and am so glad I did as its gotta be pretty rare. She plays like butter, has a B string that slaughters pretty much any other bass in existence and definitely has that particular something that I have never found on basses with more then one pickup.

classic

And at last I did it: NBD !
I bought the last(?) new Bongo 5H VTB available here in Germany, or maybe in the world ;-)
The topic made me so nervous that I decided I needed a Bongo 5 H for backup.

101_1558_Snap.jpg 101_1562.jpg

djaxup

So you bought that beast...! I was on the verge of buying it, too.
Congratulations on pulling the trigger faster :)

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist
Also.....Wem....just to clarify (if it wasn't clear already)...the Bongo H models have the pickup in the "sweet spot" - same as the bridge pickup position for all of the Stingrays, Sterlings - whereas, on the Bongo HH and HS models the bridge pickup is mounted closer to the bridge. So, bottom line is...the Bongo H sounds way different than the HH or HS and, IMO, there is no way to make a Bongo HH or HS sound like a Bongo H. They're just different and some people...like me (and Jack, and BP, obviously!!) really, really like the Bongo H.

Thanks for the description, I'm still learning the difference active electronics makes at this point, and really having some fun.

bovinehost

Administrator
Just as an aside, I was doing some recording for a friend and they had a passive F and a small-ish F combo ready to roll, so I held my nose and said, "Okay, this is fine."

But it wasn't fine. It wasn't fine at all. I went home, grabbed my Emerald Green Sparkle Bongo 5H and my Markbass rig and sped back to the proceedings.

And there was a great celebration and cheering and everyone agreed that my idea was MUCH better, the end.

stu42

Yes! Bongo 5H wins again. Not to mention Markbass as well. Excellent!! This is also my preferred combo!

You almost need to carry that combo around in your vehicle at all times - kinda like a spare tire...just in case....

:D

Top Bottom