• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mmbassplayer

Scott... You are welcomed anytime to take the long trip down 64 to check out my Single H Bongo. I will even fire up the BBQ for said event. You will need to bring Old Smoothie with you. JOSH

drTStingray

drT, I don't think many on here share our love for Peach! My favourite EBMM finish - I wonder whether they ever made a Sabre in that colour...

I wonder - I suspect they did - I once played a blueburst Sabre and thought that was rare.

I'm thinking that along with trans green (Heinz), original white (on a Bongo), peach may rank amongst Big Poppa's all time least favourite EBMM colours.

I am hoping he relents and allows a version of the 30th Anniversary SR5 spec to be produced in peach (or trans peach) next year - in the same way the Old Smoothie has appeared in butterscotch (another extremely rare custom colour from the 90s) and mint green.

Of course, a peach coloured Sterling 25th Anniversary would be good also �� �� ��

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
UPDATE: I played the Old Smoothie on my club gig Friday in a decent room in a place where I could get some space between me and my amp and actually hear myself and it was nice. I love the two band on this bass.... it really has more of a passive feel to the way it reacts. Just a great warm full spectrum tone and the bass is just so damn sexy and feels so good in your hands.

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Well it just keeps getting better..... I just restrung it and stayed with rounds and this bass is just pure perfection to me. The bass rings like a bell with a gorgeous solid bottom. Grand piano like clarity and full spectrum sound..... and the neck. OMG.

I am taking this bass and my new Sterling5 Friday to my gig where Keith Horne is on guitar. I feel much more confident playing bass behind him with a Stingray in my hand.... he is a hard core EBMM Stingray fanatic too. I am gonna have to buy a Silhouette guitar so we can switch off from time to time and let him do his Bass thang on his lefty Stingray!

Top Bottom