• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RobertB

Played this one today. Incredible. Fit & finish, it may be the most beautiful bass I've ever held in my hands. The figured roasted neck is stunning, the binding, that translucent buttermilk finish, just gorgeous. Incredible tone. I could definitely hear the difference. I've seen the word "mellow" by comparison. I'm not sure I would use that word. Maybe more focused. Super, super classy. It was a joy to play. I'm still not sure what the impending NBD holds for me. I'm loving the Special 4HH's. If you're thinking about one of these, I can attest that it's very special. Jason at DCGL is great. This bass is not out on the floor, you kinda have to know what you're looking for and ask about it. If I'm not misspeaking, this is a Limited Old Smoothie, less than 100 of them.

RobertB

Saw elsewhere that this is actually a BFR run/edition. Makes sense. The other great touch I meant to mention is the maple skunk stripe. Against the figured roasted neck, it's a gorgeous, very classy look.

Tollywood

Saw elsewhere that this is actually a BFR run/edition. Makes sense. The other great touch I meant to mention is the maple skunk stripe. Against the figured roasted neck, it's a gorgeous, very classy look.

I would love to see a picture of that, please.

I found one; that is very nice.

Last edited:

amper

I was poking around on TalkBass, and found one of my earliest posts there from 2002:

I was wondering...

What would happen if you used a 5-string pickup on a 4-string instrument? As long as the two pickups were designed for the same inter-string spacing, you'd end up with something that looks like this:

(pole)string(pole)string(pole)string(pole)string(pole)

What would it sound like? Has anyone tried this?

2019-04-08 (2).png

Top Bottom