• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Adwex

Don't you guys know that NY is the center of the universe? You're all supposed to come here, but you picked the wrong coast! California is on the "left" coast, NY is on the "right" coast. CA=wrong, NY=right c'mon, it's simple math! :D :D

Sheez, what an itinerary. Leaving LaGuardia early Friday morning, lay over in Cleveland, lay over in Chicago, lay over in LAX, arrive in SLO at 5:03 (that's 8:03 NY time !!!)

Anyone else coming from the NY area? Need a travelling mate?

Adam

savannah_sean

Adam,

Now that I'm not going at all, it's been too depressing for me to keep up with the ebmm forum. I'm glad you're here at least- I was looking forward to hanging out w/ you as well, it's been a long while since the Dregs shows- what was that, 2003?

Anyway, I thought "left coast" was a lib/con distinction, like a slanderous description of California by a disdainful soul such as Bill O'Reilly. Whereas, the east coast is the "right (wing/correct) coast", because, after all, that's where Massachusetts is...oh, wait a second.

Boy, am I glad I was wrong about that.

I live in Georgia now- technically that's the "right coast" (in more ways than one) so maybe a trip up north is in order- I want to hear some DT stories from you one of these days.

Take it easy & have fun at the thing. I'm going to lock myself in my apartment that weekend with my guitars and a gallon of wild turkey, and shoot for a 9 o'clock pass out...

Sean

tommyindelaware

yo sean !!!!!!!!!!
miss ya ............how's the nutty professor doing ??????
hopefully your settling in now & will have some time to hang here w/ us some more ?????

savannah_sean

tommyindelaware said:
yo sean !!!!!!!!!!
miss ya ............how's the nutty professor doing ??????
hopefully your settling in now & will have some time to hang here w/ us some more ?????

Hey Tommy-

Yeah- I hope to hang out here a little more, if things would ever fricken calm down in terms of my job-

Technically I'm not the "nutty professor" yet- I fly out to Colorado tomorrow, and defend my PH.D thesis next tuesday. So right now I'm just pretending. I've been working on the solo to "Highland Wedding" to try to keep sane- there is another young prof here that plays classical guitar, and I'm going to suggest to him that we arrange HW as a duet- all ten of our fingers might be able to replicate (in some simplified sense) that tune...I like the idea of duet for classical and electric guitar, anyway...not that it's an original idea, but I like it just the same.

I'm thinking about a trip up your way, maybe in November, maybe around Thanksgiving...if you don't have too much family stuff going on, let me know and maybe we can make a meeting happen. I have a few guitars here that need your attention.

Have fun at the shindig-

Sean

GWDavis28

Adex, I'm leaving Boston at 6am, but I have 1 stop over in Phoneix, where I'm on the same flight as Pete and Steve (I like). We get into SLO at 12'ish.

See yah there. Glenn |B)

Adwex

GWDavis28 said:
Adex, I'm leaving Boston at 6am, but I have 1 stop over in Phoneix, where I'm on the same flight as Pete and Steve (I like). We get into SLO at 12'ish.

See yah there. Glenn |B)

I wish I had that itinerary, but I guess you get what you pay for. Any other, more convenient itinerary for the trip out there would cost about $300 more. For the trip home, my flight outta SLO leaves at 6:20 am Sunday. :eek: I checked alternates, to leave 2 hours later, airfare was $1100 !!!! :mad: I figure I'll sacrifice the 2 hours sleep to save $800.

Yup, see yah there.

PeteDuBaldo

savannah_sean said:
I'm thinking about a trip up your way, maybe in November, maybe around Thanksgiving...if you don't have too much family stuff going on, let me know and maybe we can make a meeting happen. I have a few guitars here that need your attention.

Have fun at the shindig-

Sean

Hey Sean, good to kinda hear from you! If you are thinkin of swingin up here around Turkeyday, that's just after the Morse y2d models are scheduled to arrive. Tommy is planning on swingin up to CT, maybe you would want to tag along and hand-pick your guitar from the bunch :D

SteveB

Adwex,

Sorry you aren't on the same connecting flight with Glenn, the DuBaldo brothers, and me. I think that flight will pass by very quickly!

Maybe we can all play 'air guitar' at 30,000 feet. :D

savannah_sean

Hey Pete (and sorry to highjack your thread, Adam)-

Yeah, that was kind of my thinking...from your website it looks like the Y2D you ordered for me is due to ship on or around 11/11...and I got to thinking "maybe I could just have Pete ship it to Tommy, and I'll drive up and get it"- but I like the idea of a run all the way up to CT too- I just don't want to impose on anyone around the holidays...

sean

tommyindelaware

savannah_sean said:
Hey Tommy-

Have fun at the shindig-

Sean
cool !!!!
& you are WAY welcome to stay here if yood like..........

Adwex

Big Poppa said:
Adwex

we may be on the left coast but at least we know about JET BLUE!!!!!!!

They have greeat prices and direct tv in each seat......

Oh oh, hope you guys took that as a joke, absolutely no disrespect intended. I guess we NY'ers are just naturally arrogant, sorry 'bout that.

I tried JetBlue first, but according to their website they don't fly into SLO. I figured I woulda had to rent a car for 3 days if I landed anywhere else. I had to weigh cost vs. convenience vs. sleep....I'll sacrifice convenience and sleep to come out and hang with you guys.

Adwex

savannah_sean said:
Adam,

Now that I'm not going at all, it's been too depressing for me to keep up with the ebmm forum. I'm glad you're here at least- I was looking forward to hanging out w/ you as well, it's been a long while since the Dregs shows- what was that, 2003?

Anyway, I thought "left coast" was a lib/con distinction, like a slanderous description of California by a disdainful soul such as Bill O'Reilly. Whereas, the east coast is the "right (wing/correct) coast", because, after all, that's where Massachusetts is...oh, wait a second.

Boy, am I glad I was wrong about that.

I live in Georgia now- technically that's the "right coast" (in more ways than one) so maybe a trip up north is in order- I want to hear some DT stories from you one of these days.

Take it easy & have fun at the thing. I'm going to lock myself in my apartment that weekend with my guitars and a gallon of wild turkey, and shoot for a 9 o'clock pass out...

Sean

Yeah, the Dregs shows you came to were in April '03. Too bad you couldn't make it out this year.

Ok, now my ignorance is showing...I didn't even know of the political slant on that left/right coast thing, I was going for simple geography. That's why you're a college professor, and I'm an engineer.

Let me know if you decide to come up north to check out the Y2D's, maybe I'll tag along. I have a couple DT stories, nothing too exciting though.

I thought alot about your post regarding your move to GA, how it felt like a different country and all, I felt the stress in your "voice". The position must've been very attractive for you to relocate to such a different place that probably isn't high on your list of preferred places to live. I spent 2 weeks working in Vidalia GA in February...and it was kinda warm then. I remember when I went away to school freshman year in Buffalo NY...not quite the same situation as yours obviously, but I kinda know how you feel. And best of luck next Tuesday. Once I got my B.S., I took it and ran, I had enough school. I admire anyone who has the dedication to pursue education to that level, especially in math. 5 semesters was enough math for me.

Adam

MikeVt

Big Poppa said:
Adwex

we may be on the left coast but at least we know about JET BLUE!!!!!!!

They have greeat prices and direct tv in each seat......

Hehe....yeah...I know about Jet Blue too. It's one of like 2 or so airlines that fly out of this silly state. I'm coming out and back for around $280 - but flying into LA. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Now with the gas prices, not so much. :eek:

Mike

jchalas

tommyindelaware said:
cool !!!!
& you are WAY welcome to stay here if yood like..........

Sean,
He beat me to it. Yes, please come up for T-day and stay w/us if you like. You've been here before so you know you and Thom will be noodling on and on and have an audience too. Bring your "baby" if you want him to tweak it for you. You know, re-wire, refret, etc. ;-)

I sense a road trip to CT...
Janice

savannah_sean

jchalas said:
Sean,
He beat me to it. Yes, please come up for T-day and stay w/us if you like. You've been here before so you know you and Thom will be noodling on and on and have an audience too. Bring your "baby" if you want him to tweak it for you. You know, re-wire, refret, etc. ;-)

I sense a road trip to CT...
Janice

Janice/Thom,

Most excellent. I will consult with other acquaintances I have in your area, who are currently vacationing in Mexico, before any plans are set.

Janice, I was thinking more along the lines of "bring ALL of my babies" (well, maybe not the banjo) for Thom's TLC, with the understanding that I'm good for the going rate for parts and labor, plus beers. Nothing major (although now that you mention a refret...)

We'll talk after you get back from SLO-

Sean

savannah_sean

Adwex said:
Ok, now my ignorance is showing...I didn't even know of the political slant on that left/right coast thing,

Adam,

I don't really know about it either. I was just making things up. And screw all that anyway...

Adwex said:
Let me know if you decide to come up north to check out the Y2D's, maybe I'll tag along. I have a couple DT stories, nothing too exciting though.

-Will do. I'm envisioning alot of driving in a short amount of time- which always seems like a great idea until the bad hand of logistics slaps you down. So we'll see.

Adwex said:
I thought alot about your post regarding your move to GA, how it felt like a different country and all,

Wow, did I really say that? It must be the humidity. It's not bad here- Savannah is a beautiful place, the downtown area is amazing. It's true that Georgia wouldn't have been my first choice, but certainly not my last either. I sent out about 90 applications, got 4 interviews, and 3 offers. This was the best one. The other offers were in Mississippi and Alabama, so I guess I was destined to end up somewhere down here. All of my west coast apps. fell through, so it's not like I had much opportunity to get back to where my family is. C'est la vie. I was hugely rejected by schools in California, although a couple of places got back to me later and said "well, a new position has just opened up...want to try again?" but by that time I had already taken this job.

I know what you mean, though, about school. I wanted to go to music school out of high school, and thought college was out of the question. Then, when I got my B.A., a master's was the last thing that interested me. I distinctly remember saying to myself that a Ph.D in math was not for me when I finished my masters. but here I am...what the hell is wrong with me? I guess it's a good thing there isn't another degree beyond Ph.D. or I'd probably spend the rest of my life going to school...

Sean

jchalas

savannah_sean said:
Janice/Thom,

Most excellent. I will consult with other acquaintances I have in your area, who are currently vacationing in Mexico, before any plans are set.

Janice, I was thinking more along the lines of "bring ALL of my babies" (well, maybe not the banjo) for Thom's TLC, with the understanding that I'm good for the going rate for parts and labor, plus beers. Nothing major (although now that you mention a refret...)

We'll talk after you get back from SLO-

Sean

Sean,
Of *course* we'll consult with the NJites too--didn't want to be presumptuous. All your babies (- banjo)? Just remember when you're checking them at the airport, that you said it first. Deal. Just let him know what parts you think you might be needing. You'll hear all about SLO in a couple of weeks, to be sure!
Janice

Top Bottom