• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tmoleary

I posted this message on a TalkBass forum, and then I remembered this forum and realized that it would make more sense to post my questions here. This is a copy of my message:

I bought what I thought was an Ernie Ball Earthwood acoustic bass guitar about 40 years ago. That's what the tag on it in the music store said. Now I'm not so sure.

According to this page it has right size and shape and is made out of the right woods with the right kind of tuners. But it doesn't have a sticker inside it, it just has the number 543 stamped where the sticker would have been, and also not "stamped on the assembly that houses the neck bolts inside the body" as it says it would be on this page.

The pictures of Earthwood basses that I have seen on the internet have a big capital E logo on the headstock, but mine just has a wooden oval made out of the same kind of wood as the pick guards (rosewood, apparently).

Anyway, I really like this bass, and I'd like to know more about its origins. I'd also like to be sure that it really is an Earthwood bass and not some kind of knockoff or something. Any suggestions about where to look or who to talk to for more information about Earthwood basses?
Thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom