• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

Tim O'Sullivan said:
So I take it, its magnetic Vol, Magnetic Tone, And Piezo Volume?

Hiya Tim/Peat/Brentrocks

Yes it's (knobs from the top) Mag Vol, Mag tone, Piezo volume.

On the back of the guitar you have further controls for the piezo - Treble , bass and a control to "control" the volume of the Piezo when you mix it with the mag, effectively controling the extent of the piezo volume knob when its turned up full.
- hope you are all still with me? - sounds complicated but it's not.

The 2 jack outs are:-
(1) Mag only
(2) Dual out - one split for the mag and one split for the piezo.

I'll eventually go for the set up of spliiting the output using (2).
The mag to go to the Pod/Marshall and the Piezo to go to an AER Acoustic amp - if I can ever afford one.

If there's anybody out there considering getting a piezo but can't make up their mind, I'd say get one - you effectively get 2 guitars - IT'S THAT GOOD I.M.O.!

Any queries please post them or PM me.
Spud. - Presently listening to Johhny Seven guitar tutorial - and getting VERY sore picking fingers !!

Spudmurphy

mbgreene said:
Just 3 words for that AL

Beau
Ti
Ful

I like yours too!

I saw the video from Pete Dubaldos Shop Party and PM'd him "How much is the Black AL hanging up with P90's , shipped to ST Louis, Mo. :eek: He tells me that it's the Green envy AL - yours !!! and not for sale.

I'd love to complete the set and get a P90 set up - maybe one day I'll snag a second hand one.

Spud.

Norrin Radd

Very nice and quite a beauty!

One quick question for you: I noticed there is only one battery compartment on the back. Does it power both the piezo and the silent switching, or is there no silent switching when you get the AL with piezo? Or is there an internal compartment for another battery? Or does the piezo not require a battery? Or - oh - just tell me what the deal is so I can stop guessing. :D

Spudmurphy

Norrin Radd said:
Very nice and quite a beauty!

One quick question for you: I noticed there is only one battery compartment on the back. Does it power both the piezo and the silent switching, or is there no silent switching when you get the AL with piezo? Or is there an internal compartment for another battery? Or does the piezo not require a battery? Or - oh - just tell me what the deal is so I can stop guessing. :D

Thanks - she's playing great! - My picking fingers got a blister on it !!

There's only one battery compartment. - You know I'm a Piezo newbie!!
I know that the battery powers the silent circuit - I've never thought about the piezo! - and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know whether the piezo requires a battery. Hell lets go and take the battery out and try it !!
Spud
Watch this space !!!

fogman

Spudmurphy said:
I told ya before, forget the Silo and get an AL :p

Actually I like the look of the Al over the Silo.
The problem is I've never been able to try the neck on the Al.
From what I understand they're similar to the Axis, and Morse which didn't seem to suit me. :cool:

Spudmurphy

fogman said:
Actually I like the look of the Al over the Silo.
The problem is I've never been able to try the neck on the Al.
From what I understand they're similar to the Axis, and Morse which didn't seem to suit me. :cool:

My hands aren't on the large side.
I like the feel of the neck on the AL, I'm already playing stuff on it that I've never played before- what I mean is that I have never been a player who latched his thumb over the fretboard too much - but I am more often now and it's opening up differnt techniques.

The only downside at the mo is I need to put something on the back of the neck as the grain has risen (microscopically) and it's feeling a tiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit rough!

Gun stock oil on the back and gunstock wax on the front (so I have read on the FAQ) but I'm gonna do nothing to it just yet - hell I've only had it a week !! lol!
Spud

Hoffmann

Colour Differences?

Hey,

I know it's an old thread, but for me it is the definite GAS place as the pics of Spuds BCB Albert are simply stunning.

Now I found this offer at ebay: Music Man Albert Lee Signature Guitar - New! | eBay

Although it is the same colour, somehow it looks slightly different (except from the black instead of pearloid / white plastic and pickguard of course). It seems that there is "more brown" in it..

Is it just my (wrong) impression? Or

a) is the current Black Cherry Burst different from the 2005 Black Cherry Burst (Spuds AL)?
b) is it only an optical phenomenon due to the black pickguard instead of a white / pearloid one?
c) is it the difference in light / flash in the photos?
d) are there always differences from one guitar to another even with the same colour?

Thanks for some answers!
Cheers and greetings from Germany,

Marian

Norrin Radd

a) Should be the same.
b) Probably - and this was my first thought.
c) Maybe - who knows? Way too many variables to compare subtleties in a finish from pic to pic, IMO.
d) YES. Remember - especially with transparent finishes - each piece of wood is unique - and there will always be grain and color variations from piece to piece, such is the nature, well, nature. :eek:

And yeah - Spud's BCB is one of the prettiest guitars I've ever seen. :cool:

Top Bottom