• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

walleye

I'm usually against these sort of fanboy requests and i'm sure they annoy mr poppa. But. This sort of light hearted poll may be beneficial just to sort of gauge what people's opinions are on what they would like to see next with the gamechanger tech. As i'm 100% sure the technology won't just be on a reflex forever

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I'd like to see a built-in preamp that can be assigned to any one coil or to the entire combination. You could correct differences in volume between series and parallel combinations or apply a boost to certain selections.

Is the Silent Circuit part of the GC package? It would be very cool if it automatically decided how much correction of whatever polarity to apply on the basis of how the coils are combined.

And I'd like to be able to make a nice cup of tea from the bank-z switch too. That would be nice.

And yes, put it all in a green or blue Silo Special, or something like the current PDN Silo Special, yeah! :)

stu42

Guitar: Gamechanger Mahogany Albert Lee HHp, or HSHp, with Trem, Roasted or Full Rosewood neck and some nice Trans Colour selections

Bass: Gamechanger Mahogany Bongo 5 HHp with the bridge pickup in the "sweet-spot", standard GC 5-way switch setup, roasted neck, Ebony Fingerboard and some nice Trans colour selections - also available in Fretless.

Edit: How about Spalted Maple tops with no binding. As long as you're asking! :)

That's all. :)

Last edited:

ily

black is a nice finish......in a show room
it's very difficult to have a very clean guitar fingers prints etc..
if it was trans black with a figured top it'll be so good.... on a hight end guitar
i've owned one black guitar few years ago and promiss to me to never never bought one again

Reflex and GC are great guitars and seems haven't all the success wanted
colors line and finish are a part of this state

a reflex is more expensive than an Axis which have figured top and neck and a large color choice

:) ;)

jbliguori

Like to see a Game Changer with a wider neck at nut 1-11/16 and also different neck woods, will pay good $$$ to change my neck for any that is wider.
tv20-gc-19737.jpg

Last edited:

JayDawg

For a bass player, I would love to see it added to a Bongo. They are my number 1 go to basses that I use. I also agree on the black thing too. I love black basses but own 4 black ones already. 2 of which are Music Man basses.

beefyslinky

Out Of Touch

So I'm still learning about all the options this instrument has and Ill be honest, I'm not much of a gear head so it's still is a little confusing to me. I love the fact that the Reflex was chosen for this because its such a bitchen model. Call me old fashioned, but where is the pride in having 250,000 tones in a single guitar? I love guitars for their ability to have their own distinct and unique tones that come solely from the wood and other specs alike. Also, I have recently been experimenting with the new TC Electronic Tone Print pedals and again I am not impressed by "cheating" and downloading other players sounds. Am I alone or am I completely out of touch with this whole thing?

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Well, I can see you point of view with the effects and players patches. Obviously, some people prefer to find their own sound without reaching back to what others have done first. But for some people emulating their heroes and getting their sound is an important part of their "hobby". (It's also an important part of the market). Two different approaches. We each do what makes us happiest.

Where the GC is concerned, having the huge palette of sounds doesn't change anything. Remember the game changer is really just a high tech switch. The tone comes from the same place - the pickups and the guitar. Remember, it's not 'modelling' or digital whatnot. It's still a totally analog signal path, just the pickups interacting with each other and the guitar as a whole as they did before. The only difference is that we can choose them in what ever combinations we wish, in an easy manner, without a soldering iron or a degree in electrical engineering. It's not cheating any more than going from a two-pickup Telecaster to a HSH superstrat with a 5-way multipole switch, tone control, and coil tap is cheating.

jbliguori

I don't think this is "cheating", this instrument is offering you no frontiers in the sound you can get. You can create your own sound if you already don't have one. I got this instrument because it allows me choice and freedom of sounds, and I'll repeat this again "I don't like the neck, liker wider at nut" that is a very personal choice, but the possibilities are greater than me disliking the neck. JB♫

beefyslinky

Well put Kev. Do what makes us happiest. Ill try to and keep an open mind when it comes time for me to make my next MM purchase. Thanks!

RJKANEAO

I'd like to 'have' one of those neck through guitars :) I've played 335's and other neck through guitars for years and years.. And I'm so accustomed to the feel that I kind of miss it. But not so much now because I'm playing musicman product. :) but if I could get my hands on one of those neck through guitars I think I've died and gone to heaven.

T28

Guitar: Bass: Gamechanger Mahogany Bongo 5 HHp with the bridge pickup in the "sweet-spot", standard GC 5-way switch setup, roasted neck, Ebony Fingerboard and some nice Trans colour selections - also available in Fretless.

Edit: How about Spalted Maple tops with no binding. As long as you're asking! :)

I'm in! Where does the line start!

Volt

Bluesville, The People's Republic of Ohio
HSH Game Changer with mahogany or alder body (I'm not a chambered-body fan but I wouldn't rule one out), mahogany or maple neck, rosewood or burnt maple FB, Music Man Vintage vibrato, Blue Pearl or Candy Red (perhaps black as well) finish.......I'm all in!

Last edited:
Top Bottom