• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

olkab

Hi! I'm new here, so hello to everyone :)

I'm currently writing my engineering thesis and it's about RPS strings.
I'd like to know if anyone can help me in gathering informations about this strings. I need to know as much as it is possible, especially about plain 17 from RPS-10 Slinky Nickel Wound (#2240).

I'm mostly interested in informations about: steel/alloy, plating, tensile strength and other mechanical properties, manufacturing techniques.

I've actually found some official US patents but it's not enough and I'm still digging on forum but there's so much threads I actually got lost :D

btw, RPS rocks!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Conact EBMM customer service. They can put you in contact with the right people.

FWIW, the RPS strings are the same a standard plain strings, tin-plated high carbon steel, just with added reinforcing on the windings at the ball end.

olkab

Conact EBMM customer service. They can put you in contact with the right people.

FWIW, the RPS strings are the same a standard plain strings, tin-plated high carbon steel, just with added reinforcing on the windings at the ball end.

I wrote an e-mail to EBMM last week but still didn't get answer, that's why I'm posting here.
All you wrote I actually read yesterday on forum. Well, will be looking for more answers somwhere. Thanks anyway!

Top Bottom