• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

polarman3d

Has anyone else had this problem?...

I recently went to change the battery for my Sterling for the first time and I found that no other 9V besides the OEM one fits correctly in the compartment. Once I actually get the new battery in (which is an unusually tight fit -- the latch doesn't close properly and I have to jam the tray shut), the bass won't work -- like the terminals aren't matching up or something. I've checked to make sure that the battery was inserted with positive to positive and so forth...but it still doesn't connect. I've tried 3 completely separate batches of Duracell batteries -- none of them work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks very much for your time...any help or suggestions is very appreciated -- I have a large show coming up next week and I need to figure this out!! :(

polarman3d

Actually...nevermind everyone. Thanks anyway! The kind people at Customer Service helped me out. Apparently Eveready and Radio Shack brand batteries tend to fit better. I also found that Rayovac brand fits pretty nicely...

bassdude63

batteries

polarman3d said:
Actually...nevermind everyone. Thanks anyway! The kind people at Customer Service helped me out. Apparently Eveready and Radio Shack brand batteries tend to fit better. I also found t
hat Rayovac brand fits pretty nicely...
This is good info. I'd really be in a panic If I had a battery fail in the middle of a gig and tried a Duracell! Thanks. D.M.

polarman3d

Yeah, I went nuts when I tried to change it...it was after sound check and about a half hour before the start of our show when all this stuff happened. It was pretty intense...:eek:

Top Bottom