• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Captain Chaos

Hi, I hope you guys can help me out. I bought this bass new a year and a half ago. Until 2 weeks ago it began giving me trouble. I replaced the battery with a new duracell and still no luck, got a new cable, tried a different amp. Later on I took the back plate off just to see if anything became unplugged and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, then I put plate back in and plugged it in and it started working. I played it a couple of minutes and put it back in its case until now which same thing happened.

Rick Auricchio

Strange. Last night I dreamed I was playing a Sterling I owned briefly in 2009 and it faded out.

Now I'm gonna check the battery in my 'Ray, even though it was new a few months ago...

PS: Try another battery; also, sometimes the battery-box contacts need a tiny bit of flexing to make better contact with the battery.

MrMusashi

like rick said: check that the poles in the battery box makes contact with the battery. if not carefully bend them so they will make contact
also, ive seen wires torn off because the battery box was opened too far when i switched the battery. in this case you would have to sauter them back on again.

if none of this works out, contact customer service. they do know their basses :)

details in my signature

MrM

Davecg2

I've also experienced the battery pole issue. With Duracell's you can actually just spin the poles (make the pole's edges line up parallel with the battery's body) instead of bending them to get a good fit (not sure about other brands). It's usually just the larger one that needs to be spun. I beleive they also advise to unplug your cable after playing to help extend battery life.

Combatmedic23

I too have a similar issue. 2002 Stingray 4h. Very little sound volume. I’d say at least 75% volume loss.
Bad pre-amp? Maybe?
Pickup went bad?
Input jack bad?
Idk. I know just about everything on a P and J bass but stingrays are a different breed.
Plz advise
G

Top Bottom