• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ted

Cool vid and great playing. I highly recommend Rabea's Archetype amp plugin suite from Neural DSP-- I use it all the time. Has some rad guitar synth sounds-- as well as great clean and dirty tones.

The thicker neck on this one is something I might like.

It's a nice looking guitar, but with a matte finish it won't stay that way for long. I really do not like the trend of matte finish guitars. A few years back I got a nice custom built guitar (limited edition run) in Ferrari Red.. matte finish. I wish I'd ordered gloss and it would still look mint. But because of the matte, it's got that greasy shiny look everywhere my hand has rubbed.

DrewH

eh...I HATE blade switches. I was so hoping he'd go with a toggle.

Ventanaman

A EBMM with stock Bare Knuckle Pickups!

I have an Axis with the BKP/Rabea Silos, an Axis Super Sport with BKP Polymaths, and another Axis Super Sport with BKP Abraxas - and I think they are all upgrades over the DiMarzios, for many different reasons. The Silos would the closest to the output of the DiMarzios - there is zero mud in the low end, especially in the neck, and less compression really makes the dynamics stand out.

Congrats Rabea! Can’t wait to try this guitar.

Vito Porkleone

Those pickups sound fantastic with the Sabre. Wonder how they would sound in my StingRay. 😲 Congrats to Rabea - absolutely love his playing.

Ventanaman

Cool vid and great playing. I highly recommend Rabea's Archetype amp plugin suite from Neural DSP-- I use it all the time. Has some rad guitar synth sounds-- as well as great clean and dirty tones.

It's a nice looking guitar, but with a matte finish it won't stay that way for long. I really do not like the trend of matte finish guitars. A few years back I got a nice custom built guitar (limited edition run) in Ferrari Red.. matte finish. I wish I'd ordered gloss and it would still look mint. But because of the matte, it's got that greasy shiny look everywhere my hand has rubbed.
Definitely pros and cons with matte finish. I have a Suhr Modern T finished in matte trans black, and I take a bit of 0000 steel wool to take back the shine whenever it gets bothersome. Rabea’s guitar really reminded me a Suhr Modern with the matte trans charcoal top and natural back. I thought it looked great.

Mixolydian82

Definitely pros and cons with matte finish. I have a Suhr Modern T finished in matte trans black, and I take a bit of 0000 steel wool to take back the shine whenever it gets bothersome. Rabea’s guitar really reminded me a Suhr Modern with the matte trans charcoal top and natural back. I thought it looked great.
I feel like that's something you'll only be able to do for so long. Not calling you out; I'm genuinely curious.

How well does it work? I don't own any matte finish guitars, but would love to know.

Ventanaman

I feel like that's something you'll only be able to do for so long. Not calling you out; I'm genuinely curious.

How well does it work? I don't own any matte finish guitars, but would love to know.
It’s not perfect, but I have never had an issue wearing through the finish. You aren’t really applying pressure, just enough to cutdown some of the shine. The poly finishes on these guitars are pretty tough. That said, I don’t baby my guitars and don’t pay too much attention to how they look as long as they are playing great.

loocnmad

It's so close to what I would choose but I can't play anywhere near that guy. Wouldn't turn it down if someone tried to give me one though.

edhalen

I actually like that - shows it's been played! :)

edhalen

THAT right there is the ONLY thing which caused me to get rid of the Sabre's I've had (two of them) - the thin neck. Rabea's version with the thicker neck might just fit the bill.

Top Bottom