• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tim O'Sullivan

Well, the challenges have started early this year, normally we get to February/March time before people start dishing it out!

So far we've got BP and Tim.

Looks like the list is getting drawn up early this year chaps.

By the way once your soul is collected by me, you can only drink Yorkshire Tea or pints of bitter, you must by a Whippet or ferret and a flat cap is worn always - even in Summer, you may now want to reconsider your challenges.

You don't scare me Mr Devil! I once had a holiday in Blackpool! :D

colinboy

....well I have nearly recovered now.

Top top night - hard work but very rewarding.

For those that are interested Albert was playing through the clean channel of a Blackstar Series One Combo - he sounded awesome.

Got to give a quick shout out to the Jamiroquai boys - they grooved like a muthaf*cka

Next year rather than duel him I want to play a Thin Lizzy track with my mate from the North - get some harmonies going where there is room for both of us!

Right I need a good nights rest so thanks to everyone for making it such a great event.

Dave

Dave,

Never had a chance to talk with you properly at the bash.Too much cold beers id think:D

Just wanted to thank you for your help in organising such a great event.It was a huge success and was very enjoyable.

cheers,

Colin

Last edited:

DaveB

Colin,

It ended up being a busy night and apart from a quick "hello" I didnt get to talk to you or Tim or many others.

Thanks for your thanks - you know where to find me!

Best thing is it was a top night.

Dave

Dave,

Never had a chance to talk with you properly at the bash.Too much cold beers id think:D

Just wanted to thank you for your help in organising such a grat event.It was a huge success and was very enjoyable.

cheers,

Colin

Blind Lemon

Forgot to congratulate OLplayer on winning the raffle guitar. Ticket sales came to just over £600 and Strings and Things made this up to £1000. to go to the Casey Lee Ball Kidney Foundation. Cheque on the way BP

mammoth

Forgot to congratulate OLplayer on winning the raffle guitar. Ticket sales came to just over £600 and Strings and Things made this up to £1000. to go to the Casey Lee Ball Kidney Foundation. Cheque on the way BP

That's the best thing to come of what was a great night, awesome work guys!

The Devil

Howdy y'all

Just want to say that I've now read all the comments and watched all the videos.

What a top bunch of lads/lasses you all are.

EBMM should be and will be proud to have you guys using and loving their instruments.

You all know your stuff and of the people I met, good to have a beer and a laugh with.

I really appreciate all the comments (even when you're having a go!)

Special shout out for Grand Wazoo for the Devil's Revenge. If I ever hang up the mask I'm sending it to your boy.

Thanks for coming down and enjoying and supporting the Bash.

Hope to see you again in November at Music Live.

All the best,

The Devil.

Grand Wazoo

Howdy y'all

Just want to say that I've now read all the comments and watched all the videos.

EBMM should be and will be proud to have you guys using and loving their instruments.

You all know your stuff and of the people I met, good to have a beer and a laugh with.

Special shout out for Grand Wazoo for the Devil's Revenge. If I ever hang up the mask I'm sending it to your boy.

All the best,

The Devil.

You're most welcome mate, and my son Marco would very much appreciate your gesture. We both look forward to be there again at the November Music Live.

colinboy

Howdy y'all

All the best,

The Devil.

Paul your an absolute gentleman and i think i can speak for all the knuckleheads on that.
Thanks again for contributing to a great evening of entertainment.
You must try and log on here more often mate if you get the chance.
I wanna pick your brains for advice on how to improve my chops;)

cheers,

Colin

Smellybum

Howdy y'all

All the best,

The Devil.

Oh Keeper of my soul,

Someone captured my spanking on tape.... You showed me no mercy, I look forward to mopping up the blood of others next year - you the man!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVI6sX605_4"]YouTube - Smellybum duels with the Devil to save his soul[/ame]

The Devil

Paul your an absolute gentleman and i think i can speak for all the knuckleheads on that.
Thanks again for contributing to a great evening of entertainment.
You must try and log on here more often mate if you get the chance.
I wanna pick your brains for advice on how to improve my chops;)

cheers,

Colin

Improving your chops eh?

I recommend a good butcher!

trolley

Howdy y'all

All the best,

The Devil.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but I'll be at Music Live.
Mind you I reckon a duel with the Devil is worth more than just a packet of strings!
You bringing the new Sterling bits? Especially the JP model?
Bags I play with that against the Devil!
And I'll practice this year - maybe:)

The Devil

Hey Trolley dude!

We will be at Music Live 06-08 November.

To my knowledge I will be there doing the Duel.

I presume we will bring the Sterling range like London, (although Blind Lemon will be the authority on this).

If said range of instruments is there, you can gladly try/duel with one, plus, if you bring money, (of an amount equivalent to a JP50), I'm sure arrangements could be made to sell you one through one of the participating retailers, (again Blind Lemon will be the authority on this).

You are correct also that the "Duel With The Devil" experience is priceless!

So with that in mind we equated it to the value of a packet (and T-Shirt) of the best guitar strings on the planet.

How's about that for a comprehensive answer, using lots of big words like "equate" and "equivalent" for a Yorkshire-man.

The Devil.

Top Bottom