• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GoKart Mozart

I think i replied to both your private messages....i am useless with out, Outlook..., Dibart came in first, just PM me the address you want me to UPS these pick ups to and I will get them sent out tommorrow, no charge, we are a brotherhood here....

Very kind gesture for you to offer them up in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbucker

Funny enough hbubucker, your distaste for the Tone Zone was one of the posts that came to mind when I was writing my reply! I remember you stating that waaaay back in like 2003!

Man, we have been on this page a loooong time. I was a member under a different username back in those days and switched around 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What can I say? At least my message is consistent...:D

dibart77

Sorry GoKart Mozart -- I didn't see you responded... I would have stepped aside. FWIW they will go in a cool project!

sandmannn69

If you do the "half-air" mod to a Tone Zone bridge pup, it will sound like an Axis bridge. Did it to my So Cal back in 2009 and it sounded just like my Axis.

Last edited:

Jstran08

Hello,

I am the seller who posted on eBay. After RickLee pointed out the discrepancies, I took the eBay posting down. Today, I removed and inspected the pickups. What I found was the pickups are Air Norton and Tone Zone. I dont know how to play and want to sell this to some one who can appreciate and enjoy it. What's the range that you think this guitar is worth?

rick lee

Hey guys, I ended buying this guitar. I have a lot of pickups laying around, and figure, as long as this guitar's stock pickups are already gone, I might as well experiment. I have a Pariah Pasadena that looks identical in dimensions to a Tone Zone bridge pickup I also have. What other make and model pickups would be a direct drop in with the exact same size legs and require no filing/fitting?

beej

Any Dimarzios, with the triangular legs, would be easy.

As per the recent EVH thread, you could try the Air Norton / AT-1 and see what you think. (I threw those in a buddy's Axis a while back and they sound amazing.)

rick lee

I rarely use the neck pup, but I've been happy with the Air Norton in my other Axis neck position. I would like to try a SD JB or 59, but don't want to deal with the leg shape or height.

Top Bottom