• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

TSanders

How about this, use both. :)

When I tour, i'm usually running a GK 1001RB-II and a GK Neo 212. As for as my ears, I run a Shure PSM600 pack with Westone UM-2 ears. In all honesty, I don't think you can beat having both. Sometimes i'll pop one ear out just to have that cab clarity in my ear.

I agree with react. My UM-2s give GREAT bass response. Just a huge sound in my head. Although, it's just not the same if you can't feel the bass.

That's just me though.

Well, a lot of my response is the same because its with the same band. The band Andrew is touring with is a band that I toured/recorded with for around 5 years before leaving to focus on another band. (TTV, Andrew)

While I was using using in ears, I ran wired Shure PSM 600s with E5 ear buds. It was a love/hate thing. Initailly, I used just the in ears with a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro (we were trying to eliminate all possible stage sound). I simply COULD NOT STAND not FEELING bass on stage. A short while after I got the green light to get an amp/cab back on stage and thats when I began to like the in ears. I favored one in and one out. That way I could clearly hear everything in my in ear and still hearing some live bass/drums/etc.

meeder2

Well, a lot of my response is the same because its with the same band. The band Andrew is touring with is a band that I toured/recorded with for around 5 years before leaving to focus on another band. (TTV, Andrew)

While I was using using in ears, I ran wired Shure PSM 600s with E5 ear buds. It was a love/hate thing. Initailly, I used just the in ears with a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro (we were trying to eliminate all possible stage sound). I simply COULD NOT STAND not FEELING bass on stage. A short while after I got the green light to get an amp/cab back on stage and thats when I began to like the in ears. I favored one in and one out. That way I could clearly hear everything in my in ear and still hearing some live bass/drums/etc.

It depends on where your playing, when you have subs underneath the stage and the house cranked, You can feel all the bass you want.

Musicman Nut

in Ears

I use the Shure E5's and they are ok, The UE-10's are the best out there, but either way Bass Amp over In Ears, I like both ways,
The only drag is, I use the custom fit and sometimes you'll walk off forgetting to take them out til you realize they're still in.

Top Bottom