• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Simuz

The new one- the GLX16+ uses both bands. I have the older one (GLX16- no "+") - think it's just 2.4 GHz.

I've never had an issue with it, but I only use it at gigs, where walls aren't generally an issue. Can't say I've really pushed the range. Haven't really wandered more than ~50 feet. But again, it's been rock solid.
Thank you, I'll give it a try maybe... As I said I'm scared about 2.4Ghz but adding 5.8 could solve the problem. The GLXD16+ has small bodypack and stomp receiver, that is a plus. I was asking about walls just to make a comparison with the Boss WL-20, that suffers a lot from the presence of obstacles (at least in my case). I was blaming the frequency range but maybe I should blame Boss

Iperfungus

Hi there!

I'm using since some weeks a Lekato WS-90 wireless system and it works amazingly good.
No issues at all...long battery duration, no latency, no noise, no interfernces, no signal loss.
I've used it at home and reharsing with my band (no lives yet) and I had no problems at all.
Of course, it's a 5.8 GHz system...and this makes a big difference, I assume.
What I don't know if a 5.8 GHz stereo wireless system do exist.

Iperfungus

A bit expensive...but...

Simuz

Hi there!

I'm using since some weeks a Lekato WS-90 wireless system and it works amazingly good.
No issues at all...long battery duration, no latency, no noise, no interfernces, no signal loss.
I've used it at home and reharsing with my band (no lives yet) and I had no problems at all.
Of course, it's a 5.8 GHz system...and this makes a big difference, I assume.
What I don't know if a 5.8 GHz stereo wireless system do exist.
I had a very bad experience with the stereo Lekato, maybe they did a better work on the ws90.

A bit expensive...but...
I think it's cheap to be honest... Boss WL-20 goes for 190€ while the Nux is "only" 163€ (on Amazon Italy, at least). I've read some good reviews about the Nux but obviously it's not reliable as the Shure

Iperfungus

I had a very bad experience with the stereo Lekato, maybe they did a better work on the ws90.

I think it's cheap to be honest... Boss WL-20 goes for 190€ while the Nux is "only" 163€ (on Amazon Italy, at least). I've read some good reviews about the Nux but obviously it's not reliable as the Shure

The stereo one you used is a 2.4 GHz system, while WS-90 is 5.8 GHz but it's not stereo...and Lekato does not produce any 5.8 GHz stereo wireless system.
But the Nux is 5.8 GHz and stereo....if that's not too expensive for you, I would give it a try....Then Thomann has a good policy for returns as well.
About reliability...I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Simuz

The stereo one you used is a 2.4 GHz system, while WS-90 is 5.8 GHz but it's not stereo...and Lekato does not produce any 5.8 GHz stereo wireless system.
But the Nux is 5.8 GHz and stereo....if that's not too expensive for you, I would give it a try....Then Thomann has a good policy for returns as well.
About reliability...I wouldn't worry too much about it :)
Nux is mono, sadly. They use TRS connectors but the RING is used only to charge the transmitter. I could give it a try anyway buying two of them

Iperfungus

Nux is mono, sadly. They use TRS connectors but the RING is used only to charge the transmitter. I could give it a try anyway buying two of them
Aaaaah! Bummer!
It's a fake stereo...too bad...sorry about that, I didn't noticed.

If you've to buy 2 units...well....I would suggest to consider the Lekato WS-90 and save some money.
I bet quality is the same among Nux or Lekato.
But having 2 floating transmitters connected to the guitar could be a pain in the ass.

Simuz

Let's go with one more question. Someone said that there's no stereo system on the market because the 2 transmissions could interfer each other. But what about in-ear monitoring? That's a stereo transmission and it works. Am I missing something here?

Simuz

This is the receiver: Shure AD4Q Receiver
This is the belt pack: Shure AD1 Bodypack Transmitter

The price is not for the faint of heart.
Jesus Christ, needless to say it's out of budget ("you don't say?")

What do you think about 5.8ghz freq? Is it more reliable than 2.4ghz?

And I would like to directly ask you this
Let's go with one more question. Someone said that there's no stereo system on the market because the 2 transmissions could interfer each other. But what about in-ear monitoring? That's a stereo transmission and it works. Am I missing something here?

BerniceBerger

Hello everyone, I disappeared for a few months but I'm back here with (bad) news.

@dxb0078 unfortunately the Lekato was a very bad deal: the stereo thing works but the signal sucks and it suffers from electromagnetic interferences. Unusable and sent back to Amazon.

I've ran the two Boss WL-20 system (read my first post of this thread) for about an year: amazing in the beginning, but then signal losses begin, very low range (3-4m), interferences and so on... Barely unusable when more than 4 or 5 meters far from the receiver, even my body between transmitter and receiver was creating interferences. Sent back to Amazon today, got full refund (unexpected).

xVive could be a way out, you are not the first one who tells me they work well, but I've lost hope in 2.4Ghz systems (thank you Boss for that).

This is interesting. Are the belt-packs custom? Is the Shure you mentioned the SLXD14?

At the moment I'm stuck between these 3 options:

1. Save money via personal loans that you can get via different services Best Personal Loans for Fair Credit in 2024 - Fit My Money and get a double Shure SLXD14 (maybe next year).
Pros: reliable for sure, small bodypack, beltpack available.
Cons: expensive af, bodypack still bigger than xVive/Boss/etc.

2. Nux C5RC
Pros: portable, cheap, 5.8Ghz (it should work well than 2.4Ghz, but don't know if it will be enough), sold on Amazon (so I could give it a 30-days try)
Cons: anyway a cheap system, don't know how much I can rely on it

3. Let's go back to the cable, I'm so tired
I would do the same and save some money and get double Shure SLXD14 because the sound is so amazing with it!!!!

Last edited:

vanil

Hi guys, does anyone have any new input on the matter?
I also want a stereo wireless system for my Majesty :-(

Simuz

Hi guys, does anyone have any new input on the matter?
I also want a stereo wireless system for my Majesty :-(
Only bad news unfortunately. Could not find any budget way and I've bought a couple of Shure GLXD16+ in the end. Around 600€ each almost everywhere, I've found them on Amazon for 530€ with a discount. They work very well obviously, and the stomp-styled receiver fits really well in a pedalboard. The two transmitters are bound to the guitar strap with elastic strips bought Amazon for 10€, they are a bit heavy but very solid. Had to solder a custom Y cable to connect them to the Majesty. I have to face one antenna up and the other one down to avoid interferences, as someone already told in this thread. Plus: the Shure customer support is awesome, they always reply via email in a few hours.

Conclusion (at least for me): save money, buy Shure or Sennheiser, ignore your empty wallet for a while and be happy

Simuz

The someone is Maddi, who techs for John Petrucci, btw. ;)
Uh you're damn right! So many people answered here (I'm honored btw) and I just could not remember which user was that "someone". It was Maddi and I'm honored again 😁

Top Bottom