• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

the_eigensheep

Correction, I lied about the Bongo. Totally sold on a Caprice AND a Cutlass. Just need my Coral Red finish to hit the market now!

Edmang

Waiting on Summer Namm. Hoping EBMM releases more info about the St. Vincent bass and the BFR instruments that are supposed to be available later this year.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Waiting on Summer Namm. Hoping EBMM releases more info about the St. Vincent bass and the BFR instruments that are supposed to be available later this year.

Sorry but we probably will not have any news on the STV bass for summer NAMM, you should be hearing all about the new BFRs though.

nicjimbass

Pulled the trigger on a Bongo 5 HH in Desert Gold. Owned one about 10 years ago, then sold it after a bitter band break up. Always regretted selling it, and always intended to get another. Now, I just have to wait!

Frobie

Ordered my White SR5HH in January on a 6 month wait and time is up so delivery is imminent..it's been a long wait. Thanks EBMM. Giff

the_eigensheep

Coral Red

I know I posted a little bit ago about this, but....

Does anyone know anything about the Coral Red Caprice/Cutlass? I've seen exactly one in the wild, and unfortunately not until it was too late to snag. :(

GregP

I know I posted a little bit ago about this, but....

Does anyone know anything about the Coral Red Caprice/Cutlass? I've seen exactly one in the wild, and unfortunately not until it was too late to snag. :(

I haven't seen one recently but the build code for the Coral Red Caprice is: 124-93-20-06. I assume with that code your local dealer could order one for you. You definitely can't go wrong with the Caprice...I love mine. The only thing that would make it better would be a mute kit. :)

- Greg P

P.S. Any news on when the new BFR's will be announced?

Last edited:

SugarMaple

I am waiting on a Stingray 4HH - SLO Special in Powder Blue with maple fretboard. Should be here before the end of the year.

I came back to MusicMan this summer after a year away playing a boutique J bass. You know what brought me back? The oil&wax finished EBMM neck. Humidity is horrible here in the summer, and the EBMM oil/wax neck does better than any finish I've ever had. Once I came back to EBMM, I rediscovered the sound I love, the good looks, the magnificent build quality, etc. LOL. It was a good learning experience playing the other bass for a year, but I'm back home now.

My 2009 Sterling HS has the best neck of all time. But I'm a Stingray player from the mid-90's and like the Stingray sound and look. So... I figured it was time to try a SLO Special and get the best of both worlds.

Purple is my favorite color, and the MusicMan Firemist Purple is seriously my favorite shade of my favorite color. But... I'm not a fan of the matte black hardware - I like that big chrome moon on the Stingray, it's like the chrome on a classic muscle car. And the Powder Blue is an awesome classic looking color, so I went for that.

I had been contemplating a 5-string, but after borrowing one for a couple of weeks and giving it a full go, decided for a few reasons to stick to 4's.

But mostly, it's time for a SLO Special. I think it will be the best of all worlds for me.

Karl

Two more months to go until my Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black arrives here in the UK. I already own a year old Stingray Classic 4 and my next purchase looks like being a Caprice but I haven't yet decided on colour. I just wish that the delivery process from the States was quicker!

Top Bottom