• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Edmang

Two more months to go until my Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black arrives here in the UK. I already own a year old Stingray Classic 4 and my next purchase looks like being a Caprice but I haven't yet decided on colour. I just wish that the delivery process from the States was quicker!

Process is slow in the states as well if you order a new build and are not able to find what you want in dealer inventory. True you have to wait for shipping across the pond, but can still take 6 months to get your bass here.

Grugenhagen

kinopah

Hang on... one bass?
I mean don't get me wrong, that Smoothie looks great, but I had the impression the BFR's were kind of taking the place of a PDN special this year and expected a bit more diversity. I wonder why so many killer guitars - unless BFR basses haven't historically sold as well?

Edmang

Hang on... one bass?
I mean don't get me wrong, that Smoothie looks great, but I had the impression the BFR's were kind of taking the place of a PDN special this year and expected a bit more diversity. I wonder why so many killer guitars - unless BFR basses haven't historically sold as well?

Agree. Definitely disappointing from the bass side of things. Was hoping for a Caprice in a cool finish.

I also thought the BFR was replacing the PDN as well. May be the case on the guitar side. Seems PDN is not replaced but discontinued all together from the bass perspective.

kinopah

Starry Night 4H en route at last! And I didn't even need to sell my Cutlass!

36237988144_3201767cec_o.jpg

Michael Murphy

Purple is my favorite color, and the MusicMan Firemist Purple is seriously my favorite shade of my favorite color. But... I'm not a fan of the matte black hardware - I like that big chrome moon on the Stingray, it's like the chrome on a classic muscle car. And the Powder Blue is an awesome classic looking color, so I went for that.

I had been contemplating a 5-string, but after borrowing one for a couple of weeks and giving it a full go, decided for a few reasons to stick to 4's.

Well, if you do get interested again in a Firemist Purple 5-string, i'd consider trading you all the chrome hardware from one of my 5s for your black hardware. :) (I also love purple, and especially the Firemist!)

OldManMusic

The wait is over for me. Arrived is a beautiful Bongo 5HS lined fretless with an updated pickguard. Life is good (Thanks Pete)!

Attachments

• bongo5hs.jpg
    bongo5hs.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 176

Edmang

You mean for next year? I think there will be more than one bass - just hearing rumors, you know.

Even with more basses, the BFR replacing the PDN is disappointing to me. The more instruments offered, still may not include an instrument I would be wanting to put money down on. Liked how the PDN was basically open for all instruments with very limited exceptions.

bovinehost

Administrator
The more instruments offered, still may not include an instrument I would be wanting to put money down on.

Well, I suppose everyone could say that. I've been there myself. But I'd suggest everyone calm down, play come Parcheesi, read that book you've been meaning to read, pick up your Bongo and learn some waltzes, whatever gets you through the night and let's see what NAMM brings.

Top Bottom