• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Edmang

Waiting to find out what and when the PDN for this year will be.

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Hey Edmang,

Sorry, there won't be a PDN this year. We will have 2-3 cool BFR instruments hitting stores each month starting in Aug though.

Edmang

Waiting on Bongo HSp to arrive

Wanted to see what BFRs would be available before getting anything new. But could not resist getting this Bongo HSp. Waiting for it to arrive some time next week. Supposedly mint from a collector who just collects instruments and does not play. He bought it and kept it in the case. Pics are from the sellers site.

BM2991a.jpg BM2991e.jpg BM2991h.jpg

jones4tone

Wanted to see what BFRs would be available before getting anything new. But could not resist getting this Bongo HSp. Waiting for it to arrive some time next week. Supposedly mint from a collector who just collects instruments and does not play. He bought it and kept it in the case. Pics are from the sellers site.

Beautiful!

classic

Great! You will have much fun ! PDN honeyburst ! Nearly a twin to mine...but no piezo.

100_1420.jpg

kinopah

Kinda just waiting for the new colors (natural and coral red) on the Cutlass/Caprice to land in the wild. Best color options yet imo!

GregP

I'm waiting on a fretless Caprice. That bridge pickup is so harmonically rich and full it's just begging for the fretless treatment. But I will be picking up a fretted Heritage Tobacco Caprice while I wait ;-)

jones4tone

Sorry, new to the forums. I'm familiar with PDN, but what's a BFR?

BFR stands for Ball Family Reserve. They are, to my understanding, special editions of instruments with typically higher-end finishes and/or more exotic or select woods. And from what I've observed, they carry a little premium price tag due to the added time put into the finish, or more costly materials used. I'm not aware of any currently offered BFR bass models, but if you look on the guitars page, there are BFR editions of the JP, Luke and Luke3 listed there right now.

At one time, there was a special inlay at the 12th fret marker that designated a BFR instrument, but that's not a constant. I owned one BFR (JP 15) and it did not have the inlay, but the neck plate was engraved with the BRF designation.

the_eigensheep

BFR stands for Ball Family Reserve. They are, to my understanding, special editions of instruments with typically higher-end finishes and/or more exotic or select woods. And from what I've observed, they carry a little premium price tag due to the added time put into the finish, or more costly materials used. I'm not aware of any currently offered BFR bass models, but if you look on the guitars page, there are BFR editions of the JP, Luke and Luke3 listed there right now.

At one time, there was a special inlay at the 12th fret marker that designated a BFR instrument, but that's not a constant. I owned one BFR (JP 15) and it did not have the inlay, but the neck plate was engraved with the BRF designation.

Gotcha! Thanks for the info!

Crossing my fingers for a Coral Red Bongo 5HH with maple neck and fretboard!

Top Bottom