• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

A little corp speak here. We appreciate all that John Mayer does for us in wearing the straps and playing our strings. He is a nice manand a genuine talent.. We were hoping that we would get a little love once the CD came out as we were secretly very involved in the process....Dudley and I spent more than a day there and Brian and I were at rehearsals....t was looking like the break we could use....but alas we didnt make the cut.

Got to work harder.

leftyguitarblue

he did a lot of the album with the 25th I was there He isnt using it live which bums me out

I imagine it's pressure from F**der to push, push, push his "signature" strat. IMO changing a color doesn't make a guitar a signature model, but they have the power and the paychecks.

the24thfret

I was wondering where on the album the 25th is... Haven't listened closely enough I guess.

leftyguitarblue

Lucaguitar.jpg

Big Poppa

No I dont think thats it and even if it was us talking about only dmages our chances in the future. He used it alot on the record and has chosen to play other brands live it could change.......Patience usually wins. John Mayer doe s not owe us anything it is a pleasure to work wioth him.

agt

Lefty, that new avatar of yours is causing me confusion ... :confused:

I keep thinking it's Pete until I count the fingers. :eek:

By the way, shouldn't the hand be a right one for you? Or do you use all those left hand fingers for octopus-style fingerpicking? :D

kimonostereo

Glad to hear that Mayer used the 25th all over Battle Studies.

The info that he used it will eventually come out as it usually does in some interview or another...

Is it possible that Mayer is under restriction to use brand "x" on stage for a certain period? I know he was using a Blackberry when they were sponsoring his tour although he has appeared on stage more than twice for Steve Jobs at Apple events. He now uses the iPhone, or at least he says he does via his twitter. Dunno if it's because the Blackberry sponsored tour is over though.

Just wonderin' out loud.

Here's hopin' to see John playin' any EBMM on stage soon! That would be very exciting!

Top Bottom