• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nobozos

Seems like Fender will be on an all-out marketing blitz this year. I first became aware of it when I saw the Fender phone ad. Limited edition Fender Phone? Okay, I guess. Then I went to see the movie, "The Tooth Fairy" with my daughter. There was so much product placement for them in that movie, I half expect to see a Dwayne Johnson signature guitar out of it.

Moral of the story is, they do seem to be very concerned with their image, and don't seem to be afraid to spend some money to keep their name out front. They probably sweetened the deal for JM to play their gutiars live.

Based on past statements, it seems like EBMM just doesn't do it that way. Sounds to me like EBMM puts the product in the players hands, and just kind of says, "Hey, we'd sure appreciate any exposure you could give the guitar if you like it."

Big Poppa

Guys Thanks you but you keep trying to see evil and conspiracy...he is palying a Rick Turner and a coupla Gibsons....Fender is not very concerned about us....Lets all be respectful and accept that for now JM is choosing to play other stuff....That doe3snt mean he doesnt like us or that he wont in the future.

nobozos

Sorry BP, didn't mean to imply a conspiracy. No disrespect was intended toward FMIC. I was just making an observation, and drawing a conclusion.

Obviously, all of us on the boards are big fans of EBMM guitars. When we are given the option to play an EBMM, or some other brand, we have chosen EBMM. We have done so, because we believe it is a superior instrument.

I think it's just hard for the EBMM faithful to accept that anyone would choose something else, once they've had the opportunity to experience the quality, playability, and tone of Music Man guitars.

It's not that we think the other stuff is bad, we just think your stuff is better.

azazael

There's no conspiracy at all or back handers its simple as that he is a Strat man and thats that.

He also has hundreds of guitars.

He'll play one eventually...

He's always gonna be a Strat man its in his blood now and all his main idols played strats which also will be a subconcious motive also.

whitestrat

Dudley and I spent more than a day there and Brian and I were at rehearsals....t was looking like the break we could use....but alas we didnt make the cut.

I think you did to some extent, BP. I noticed the tone, remember? I KNOW that's not a strat, and I know that's likely to be a 25th. I suspected it wasn't a Gibson because that tone had DiMarzio + Humbucker + Chambered written all over it.

The thing is, the tone was nice enough for me to even ask! I'm sure I'm not the only one who was scratching his head over this.

Now I want to go try a 25th! or a Reflex!!!

Last edited:

JeffreyB

Hey...for what it's worth, A good friend of mine told me that JM was using a 25th at a recent sound check....and I'm using them live...doesn't THAT count for something????

OnFire5210

Well I saw Mr. Mayer last night, and he was indeed using a BFR for Assassin! It was a nice surprise; I knew he had a few, I just didn't know he recorded with them.

the24thfret

Hey...for what it's worth, A good friend of mine told me that JM was using a 25th at a recent sound check....and I'm using them live...doesn't THAT count for something????

I swear I saw a picture or a video about 6mos ago of JM soundchecking a 25th... someone had linked to it on this forum.

TheLotusEater

Here's a vid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqUuhFXG6cQ"]YouTube- john mayer assassin bank atlantic center feb 4, 2010[/ame]

Top Bottom