• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

I’m in my third week on rotation so I’ve been working on my weekly set lists.
Thinking about the book here and there though.

I’ve not been doing a lot of band stuff. Everything is on hold so book my best friend at the min

I'm enjoying my book. I started all over again and I'm working it in with a 26 week program I have from another site.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

What is the other program you are using? Something else to go with it would be good.
I’m half way through the first chapter and really enjoying it, some of the exercises are better than others but I’m not asking too many questions and just getting on with it

brash47

Early last year, Scott Devine at Scott's Bass Lessons offered out his 26 week technique course. I figured I'd try it out. Midway through, the pinky knuckle on my right hand got broke at work. So I had to stop. The weekly instruction, with some great videos and almost instant response on the teaching blog was awesome.

Of course its lifetime access to the course, so since my hand healed up, I'm back in that again.

I can say from over 30 years of bass playing, having studied bass in college....this is a solid technique course. Some of it is rudimentary, but so what. Its structured practice.

Nowhere in sports, music, leadership, you name it, is well developed structured practice a bad thing.

Like I say about the toolbox. Have as many tools in there as possible. You might use 5 of them regularly. But when you needed that off tool RIGHT NOW, damn you'll be glad you already have it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

danny-79

That sounds great, I’ll look him up. Know who he is anyways but that’s about what I’m after. Structured practice with lessons in all genres possible with the goal of improving my playing.
Cheers

danny-79

Hey Danny, since you can really focus on one aspect of playing (at least for a short while) I'd suggest checking Janek Gwizala out.

Have just ordered a copy of his book, “All The Good Stuff”
Very interesting player. Looking forward to getting book and digging in

danny-79

Strummer, do you know if there is an audio to this book ?
There is a video that you can buy to go with it but no audio. Some say there isn’t and some say there is ?

Tollywood

Ditto. Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to it.

I’m actually a guitar player who pretends to be a bass player, so I can use all the help I can get. :D

muggsy

Early last year, Scott Devine at Scott's Bass Lessons offered out his 26 week technique course. I figured I'd try it out. Midway through, the pinky knuckle on my right hand got broke at work. So I had to stop. The weekly instruction, with some great videos and almost instant response on the teaching blog was awesome.

Of course its lifetime access to the course, so since my hand healed up, I'm back in that again.

I can say from over 30 years of bass playing, having studied bass in college....this is a solid technique course. Some of it is rudimentary, but so what. Its structured practice.

Nowhere in sports, music, leadership, you name it, is well developed structured practice a bad thing.

Like I say about the toolbox. Have as many tools in there as possible. You might use 5 of them regularly. But when you needed that off tool RIGHT NOW, damn you'll be glad you already have it.

I am doing the same course right now. I'm enjoying it and it's definitely cleaning up some aspects of my technique that I never really thought about.

danny-79

Ditto. Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to it.

I’m actually a guitar player who pretends to be a bass player, so I can use all the help I can get. :D

There is a video to accompany the book at an additional $10 but as far as I can tell no audio to accompany it. Rather disappointing in some regards but I’ll get the video and see how that goes (I’m not to good at watching tutorial videos not really my thing but I’ll give it a go. Never know could be a blessing in disguise)

Anyone else with any experience of this book ?

Top Bottom