• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tollywood

That is awesome, Bryan! How would you characterize the tone of the Tahitian Blue pickups? I got to play one briefly last summer in a store, but only unplugged. Loved the neck...

I'm looking at your pics of it, and kinda wondering to myself if you've kept the clings on the pickup covers to protect them until you sell it to me one day? :D (A fella can dream!)

Congrats on the new axe, and I'm looking forward to your upcoming NGx posts.

Thank you! I removed the plastic protection.

I have to remember how to play around 70 cover songs, so I started video recording myself so that in case I draw a blank, I can quickly watch myself playing the song. If you private message me your email I will send you a video of the Tahitian Blue playing Shipping Up to Boston, and another of the black one playing Talk Dirty to Me.

PeteDuBaldo

Thank you very much!

I welcome the diversion because I am excited to tell you about how awesome my keyboard stand is. Yup, you read that right. It's a keyboard stand and it holds up to 375 pounds! In fact, the other guitarist in my band just bought one because he liked mine so much.

It is very sturdy and it disassembles like a transformer into a rectangle. It is $73. I love mine. My amp is very secure up there. I put rubber along the rails so my amp just squats right down onto it and is secure.

On-Stage KS7350 Keyboard Stand

On-Stage KS7350 Keyboard Stand | Guitar Center

On-Stage is just around a 20 minute drive from our store; they have a great line of stands!

GWDavis28

Bryan, love the Tahitian Blue Morse, the images were blocked at home. I've seen a few of those online as well and there is one about an hour from me, I've been interested in going and checking it out. The reverse head stock again is just sooo fitting.

Great guitars!!

Glenn |B)

Wahoonc

Those are some great looking (and I'm sure sounding) guitars. I've never seen one in the wild. Would be interested in seeing how the neck feels compared to the Axis, which is all I play any more except for GC every now and then.

vuduhwy

Man, the necks on those look so inviting. I hope to get one some day.........

mikeller

Thank you very much!

I welcome the diversion because I am excited to tell you about how awesome my keyboard stand is. Yup, you read that right. It's a keyboard stand and it holds up to 375 pounds! In fact, the other guitarist in my band just bought one because he liked mine so much.

It is very sturdy and it disassembles like a transformer into a rectangle. It is $73. I love mine. My amp is very secure up there. I put rubber along the rails so my amp just squats right down onto it and is secure.

On-Stage KS7350 Keyboard Stand

On-Stage KS7350 Keyboard Stand | Guitar Center

That's a great idea!!! I really don't care for a cabinet directly on the floor and sound going right to the legs - I find it causes me to play harder or turn up louder. These days I have opted more for a combo and have an ampwedge to lean it a little. I had purchased a stand (can't recall who made it) that was specifically for a head and cabinet, but it kinda looked like a "transformer" toy and was difficult to pack and carry.

Thanks for the reply !! And congrats on a killer guitar again!!!!

Tollywood

Yeah Mike, I raised it so I can hear myself on stage without turning up as loud. I love it up there.

They have a brand new and a used Tahitian Blue at Guitar Center. The used one is $2300.

GWDavis28

Glenn, were you able to see the pictures I’ve posted?

Bryan, ooooohhhhh yah man, once I got home, I was originally looking at them at and work and we have a wicked firewall and lots of protocols in place.

They both are awesome been seeing the blue ones around a lot. Had eyed the one Pete/You have, but the newer ones are way out of my price range. Plus I've got 4 that don't get nearly enough attention.

Glenn |B)

beej

Hey Bryan- how would you compare the two sonically? I’d love to know how the new MM pickups and different wiring configuration compares.

Tollywood

Hey Bryan- how would you compare the two sonically? I’d love to know how the new MM pickups and different wiring configuration compares.

Well, the blue one seems brighter. That's what comes to mind. I can't play them right now to listen for more differences. Beej, your mailbox is full. I tried to send you a private message.

Sadly, I have not been able to play for 16 days. I don't know how but something happened to my left arm, and the pinky and ring fingers as well as some of my hand and wrist are numb. And weak. I'm seeing the hand surgeon who repaired my bilateral carpal tunnels a couple of years ago, but I'm only seeing him in another week. It was the first available appointment.
I'm thinking that maybe I pinched a nerve in my neck but I don't know. Either way, I figure he's the best guy to see even if it's to refer me to another doctor.

I am very worried.

Last edited:

Sweat

Bryan,

Yes have your neck looked at especially C1-5 I am suffering with the same in my left shoulder, arm and hand. I re injured the disks that were damaged in a car wreck about 2 1/2 years ago. Causes me to not be able to hold a pick or have any feeling and I get stingers.

Well, the blue one seems brighter. That's what comes to mind. I can't play them right now to listen for more differences. Beej, your mailbox is full. I tried to send you a private message.

Sadly, I have not been able to play for 16 days. I don't know how but something happened to my left arm, and the pinky and ring fingers as well as some of my hand and wrist are numb. And weak. I'm seeing the hand surgeon who repaired my bilateral carpal tunnels a couple of years ago, but I'm only seeing him in another week. It was the first available appointment.
I'm thinking that maybe I pinched a nerve in my neck but I don't know. Either way, I figure he's the best guy to see even if it's to refer me to another doctor.

I am very worried.

Tollywood

Bryan,

Yes have your neck looked at especially C1-5 I am suffering with the same in my left shoulder, arm and hand. I re injured the disks that were damaged in a car wreck about 2 1/2 years ago. Causes me to not be able to hold a pick or have any feeling and I get stingers.

Hi Keith,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I think you may be right. I was in a bad roll over car crash 30 years ago and now I'm 1 and 1/2 inches shorter than I used to be from the herniated disks.

Tollywood

Medical update:

I still can’t play guitar very well. I have bone spurs on my C5 and C6 vertebrae which is pinching a nerve and affecting my left hand and wrist. They are numb and weak.

This will only get worse as the bone spurs grow and press down more. So, they need to cut open my neck at the front, move over my throat, pop out the two vertebrae, shave off the bone spurs, pop them back in, and fuse them.

So, it’s pretty bad. This will prevent further damage but it may or may not give me back some of what I’ve lost on the left hand and wrist.

So, I haven’t quit my band yet but it seems pretty obvious that I will have to. I haven’t played with them in seven weeks. Our next show is in June.

The good news is that bass strings are further apart and I don’t play chords, so I’ve been playing bass at home.

Tollywood

Thank you so much, guys.
I’m really sad. I haven’t scheduled the surgery yet but it will be within two months.

edhalen

Very very sorry Bryan. Hang in there. Hoping for the best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom