• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mrfstop

They were made available for ordering from 18 July to EOTM 2006

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/16672-dargie-delight-info.html

Then BP opened the window again for 24 hours sometime in Aug or Sep to commemorate Ernie Ball's anniversary.

But AFAIK the actual production instruments were made in early 2007. Mine could've been the last one made due to a former dealer's indiscretion.

thanks for the info...so then the Dargie Delights are a 2007 bass...not 2006 more or less...Once mine lands in the fed ex truck and I have the serial number, I will talk to EBMM customer service and get the "born on date" of this bass.

oli@bass

syciprider said:
AFAIK, the first run Dargies have rosewood. The SR4HS above appears to have an ebony board though.

The DD1 had rosewood fretboards that were very dark. I had a new fretted SR4 H and the cretboard on that was almost black but got lighter in time. Could have been dyed. However, the single most cool thing on the DD1 is this:

IMG_5973.jpg

mrfstop

The DD1 had rosewood fretboards that were very dark. I had a new fretted SR4 H and the cretboard on that was almost black but got lighter in time. Could have been dyed. However, the single most cool thing on the DD1 is this:

IMG_5973.jpg

Thanks I guess I will wait and see what the board truly looks like when it gets here next week....Hate waiting ....and worrying about a basses traveling in the hands of UPS :eek:
Too bad they do not have time warp shipping? ummm yet? lol

Yeah, those little Martini glasses for sure look cool.

markbass99

Well, at least the 5HS that Strummer sold to Jack and that later Jack sold to me is in protective custody, currently being guarded by many other rare Bongos and a few 38 year old 4001 ricks. :D :cool: :eek:

bdgotoh

You're welcome Josh, I'm glad you're still enjoying that great bass. I should point out that I sold you ONE of my lightweight Dargie I HH Sterlings! I got that one used but the one I bought new is still here.

Lonnystingray

IMG_5973.jpg

I have had soo many positive remarks on the Martini inlay's. Everybody thinks they are a great detail, really complementing the rest of the bass, especially the color..

Although one question to BP, what can I do, I seem to have lost the olive inside the fret inlay on the seventh. Where can I order a replacement olive?

bassmonkeee

Where can I order a replacement olive?

I know this post is almost two years old, but I apparently missed it the first time around.

This is quite possibly the greatest instrument related question I've seen on a message board.

:D

My Dargie 5HSp Bongo (with Tort pickguard) in action last night:
null_zps56295620.jpg

It's the bass that will keep me reasonably sane when all of the sparkle Bongo and Big Al pics start flooding the forum.

bassmonkeee

I played a nice outdoor gig on Saturday night. This rig sounded amazing. I had my HHp Billy Bass with me, too, but the Dargie ended up getting the entire night.

null_zps62da6797.jpg

mast3quila

Zombie Thread time..This baby is mine now. Just picked it up at a local used gear store on my lunch break and now I'm trying to make it to end of shift so I can go home and play it! It's still in really good shape. The case is showing it's age but I think the bass will clean up nicely. Cheers!

Hey Guys...

My first post here. It looks like I'm joining the DD ranks with my purchase of a used SR4 H from Tommixx @ talkbass. I owned an SR4 in the early 80's and I recently played one at GC and it felt/sounded great as I remember.

It's just a bonus with the color and the martini inlays. My bands name is Cocktail Joe and our logo is green.

Anyway, glad to be here after a long hiatus in MM land.

mmbassplayer

If you happen to stumble on this post someday would you mind sharing where you sold it? I'm curious what led to it ending up in Beltsville MD

This bass you stumbled on is very well travelled on this forum. I can think of at least 5 owners on the forum including myself, Jack, Brad, Tommy and AJ and I am sure it has had a few more as well. I had purchased it from Brad (bdgotch) owned for a year or so and traded it to Tommy (tommixx) for a 25th Anniversary 5HH. Last I knew it was owned by AJ but he did not stick around long on the forum. Very interesting story as to how it came was ordered if Jack cares to share (again). JOSH

mast3quila

I am surprised it's in this good condition considering it's travels. I had no intention of buying a bass today, but I knew Dargies were special from my time on the guitar side of the forum. I had no idea there were only 25 of them, etc until I got to surfing here. Seem to have gotten a fair deal too.

nervous

And now having found and paid for my first SR5 DD1.

Happy to be on my way into the club. Better late than....

Thank you 2ndBassGuitar!

bassmonkeee

And now having found and paid for my first SR5 DD1.

Happy to be on my way into the club. Better late than....

Thank you 2ndBassGuitar!

Oh, good! He was offering a much better price than Bass Central.

Welcome to the club! Still the best limited Edition ever offered.

Top Bottom