• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jonnycutlass

Apologies for the trivial nature of this post but I know some of you guys are dealers and have huge experience ordering directly from the EB factory so I was hoping you might be able to help.
I ordered a new Cutlass RS 7 months ago from a well known guitar shop with an approx. 9-12 month lead time. Paid substantial deposit and then received no correspondence from them for next 7 months so 6 weeks ago I thought it was time to ask for an ETA up[date by email - got a reply saying they would contact the factory and get back to me but they didn't. After 3 weeks, I phoned the shop and the manager to be fair did apologise and assured me he would send an email requesting the order status to the EB factory that day. But again I have received no update.
Before I phone the dealer again, I was hoping someone could advise me if it really takes weeks to get a update on an order from the factory?
It would be nice to know if this is normal before I ring the dealer again - his lack of communication is becoming a bit of a concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

jz1987

I'm in a similar boat with my bass order but i don't think its something to be too concerned about. With a 6+ month lead time it literally means your order is in queue and nothing is moving on it until its pulled and they start the build. I was pretty eager and emailed my storefront sales rep as well.. but understandably the only thing he could really confirm was that the order is indeed still in place and on track. Its not like they are building the neck one month, then fretting it the month after, then cutting the body the month after that.. Until they start the build my guess is there isn't too much of a status to inquire about.

jonnycutlass

Agreed @jz1987. But how long did it take for the sales rep to confirm that your order was in place and on track? Not 6 weeks I expect and I still haven't had any sort of reply or confirmation - I just wanted to confirm everything was still on track nothing more. Even if there is no news, I should at least get some sort of response to my enquiry. It's not like I ring up every week pestering them - haven't spoke to them for 7 months since I paid the deposit.

Last edited:

jz1987

Oh thats completely fair to expect them to at least respond since they took your money lol, i was just mentioning there probbably wasnt too much to worry about. I ordered back in June and they told me a end of December timeline so like 6 months. I emailed and they told me that no movement but they basically just havent been informed its not on track.

I get they need to keep the product launches and stuff rolling but I find it funny (and modestly frustrating) they have a 6-12 month waitlist but then i see limited run BFRs, Vault, new limited edition stuff coming out every month or so lol.

beej

I get they need to keep the product launches and stuff rolling but I find it funny (and modestly frustrating) they have a 6-12 month waitlist but then i see limited run BFRs, Vault, new limited edition stuff coming out every month or so lol.
Those are all planned well in advance (the dealers get a preview of the upcoming year's runs so they can buy in). So it's not like someone in production woke up and decided to push everyone else's order back a month to squeeze a few cool things in ;)

PeteDuBaldo

Those are all planned well in advance (the dealers get a preview of the upcoming year's runs so they can buy in). So it's not like someone in production woke up and decided to push everyone else's order back a month to squeeze a few cool things in ;)

I'd like to make a joke that if someone in production woke up the orders would come out faster 😁

Iperfungus

In France, we have a good reason to be late : we are always on strike or on vacation ! I thought naively that Americans were hard workers !
In France you know how to organize and handle a strike better than anyone!
Better than in Italy for sure.
Infact, you would have not such issues like the one described here! :)

"Hello, where's my guitar?"
"I don't know...sorry..."
"Ok. I'll let the labor unions know..."
"Oh, wait...your guitar just arrived!"

Just joking, but not so much...when it's about a strike, we always sadly say "ah, we're not french".

Last edited:

V_S

:LOL:In Germany we better keep quiet since the Berlin airport disaster!

Mixolydian82

LOL nothing wrong with Kansas, lived there and went to school there briefly
Naw. Wichita is a nice City, and so is KC. It's just really, really bland here. As someone who rides motorcycles and bicycles, a few curves and hills would be nice.

Oh, and it's amazing if 50 degree temperature swings from one day to the next are your thing. Oh, that and tornadoes.

KC BBQ, however, that's where it's at.

Sorry for derailing the thread😬

Sweat

Naw. Wichita is a nice City, and so is KC. It's just really, really bland here. As someone who rides motorcycles and bicycles, a few curves and hills would be nice.

Oh, and it's amazing if 50 degree temperature swings from one day to the next are your thing. Oh, that and tornadoes.

KC BBQ, however, that's where it's at.

Sorry for derailing the thread😬
LOL, I was in Parsons Kansas, again do not mind Kansas at all, Texas has the same temp swings and tornadoes but while I like KC BBQ, Texas BBQ rules :)

Sorry OP back on subject did you get any answers?

Top Bottom