• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

I'm sure they are in full swing prepping for NAMM as well.

Good luck you hear something soon.

Glenn |B)

jonnycutlass

Wow, that is not usual either, maybe AJ is on vacation, is that time of year in the US
Yes - could be on vacation and someone mentioned NAMM prep - sounds like GWDavis28 doesn't think I will get a reply anytime soon. Anyway appreciate you asking and I will update the thread next week. Thanks.

GWDavis28

Yes - could be on vacation and someone mentioned NAMM prep - sounds like GWDavis28 doesn't think I will get a reply anytime soon. Anyway appreciate you asking and I will update the thread next week. Thanks.
Jonny, hopefully you do and I'm sure they will respond to you, for EBMM this time of year always seems to be busiest.

Glenn |B)

jonnycutlass

Jonny, hopefully you do and I'm sure they will respond to you, for EBMM this time of year always seems to be busiest.

Glenn |B)
Yes thanks GW - I can imagine how hectic it must be with holidays and NAMM coming up ( is it the same AJ that I have seen on loads of Youtube videos at NAMM in the summer showing the dealers the new gear?) so like you say, he is probably really busy.

GWDavis28

Yes thanks GW - I can imagine how hectic it must be with holidays and NAMM coming up ( is it the same AJ that I have seen on loads of Youtube videos at NAMM in the summer showing the dealers the new gear?) so like you say, he is probably really busy.
Yes it is and he's super nice guy.

Glenn |B)

Mixolydian82

He's very busy, and indeed, a super nice dude. You could also try calling in and asking for Shelly. Another good person to deal with.

Last edited:

morsecode

It’s probably still too far out for them to confirm that it is on track with a window out as far as 12 months, which is not un-typical by most manufacturers today. I ordered a L3 in late January through L&M, and was told December. I’ve ordered a number of EBMM guitars over the years including as recent as last year. Usually they come in on time or month behind. Guitars and basses are built in blocks or batches based on model, etc. and much of that is planned well ahead of time. The only things that might cause further delays would be a parts shortage, supply chain disruption or a problem in the factory itself.

In my case, I am told by L&M that EBMM will notify them when it is about to be shipped. It happens pretty quick. There isn’t likely going to be a one month or two month notification. With L&M, the guitars are shipped to their main distribution center in Ontario before it gets shipped back west to B.C. So that will often add an extra week or two. I am not really worried about it in my case as EBMM hasn’t indicated any significant delays. If it takes a month or two longer, so be it.

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

He's very busy, and indeed, a super nice dude. You could also try calling in and asking for Shelly. Another good person to deal with.

I would call or email Shelly, he is the guy handling lots of the customer service questions. AJ can still provide answers, but his primary role at the company has him quite busy with other duties.

jz1987

It’s probably still too far out for them to confirm that it is on track with a window out as far as 12 months, which is not un-typical by most manufacturers today. I ordered a L3 in late January through L&M, and was told December. I’ve ordered a number of EBMM guitars over the years including as recent as last year. Usually they come in on time or month behind. Guitars and basses are built in blocks or batches based on model, etc. and much of that is planned well ahead of time. The only things that might cause further delays would be a parts shortage, supply chain disruption or a problem in the factory itself.

In my case, I am told by L&M that EBMM will notify them when it is about to be shipped. It happens pretty quick. There isn’t likely going to be a one month or two month notification. With L&M, the guitars are shipped to their main distribution center in Ontario before it gets shipped back west to B.C. So that will often add an extra week or two. I am not really worried about it in my case as EBMM hasn’t indicated any significant delays. If it takes a month or two longer, so be it.
Im in the same boat and i ordered from L&M as well and they told me something similar. I was trying to browse other local shops for EBMM to try a special out before ordering but all any stores have are sterling by musicman stingrays if anything at all. Some of the smaller to mid sized stores told me they looked into being a EBMM instrument dealer before and this was exactly the reason why they passed, extremely long wait times to get a handful of guitars in. Not saying thats super problematic since obviously they have more than enough orders coming through that they are super backlogged, but i wonder if this is part of the reason sometimes EBMM despite being amazing quality aren't in the forefront of the guitar scene.

jonnycutlass

I would call or email Shelly, he is the guy handling lots of the customer service questions. AJ can still provide answers, but his primary role at the company has him quite busy with other duties.
Thanks Pete for the info again - really appreciated all you guys helping me out. Do you have Shelly's email and I will send him a quick message. Thanks

Last edited:

morsecode

No I don’t think that is accurate at all. Those wait times are not abnormal and have nothing to do with why there are so limited items in stock at retailers. I also ordered a fender strat in the same price range as the L3 at the same time. I’m looking into February to take delivery on the strat. I also looked into another guitar from a European manufacturer, the wait time was two years.

EBMM is not a big company and retailers have limited dollars to spend on inventory. I know that L&M does order limited numbers of specific EBMM guitars at times, but they are either often gobbled up by the time they take delivery or get stocked in select stores/markets. Most retailers don’t want to be stuck tying up money with too many $4,000 plus instruments lined up on their walls. Where they do, they will almost always be Fender or Gibson whom they usually have agreements with to take up most of that space. It’s been that way pretty much for as long as I can remember. But more so now as retailers are being more careful on the inventory they carry.

Last edited:

jz1987

No I don’t think that is accurate at all. Those wait times are not abnormal and have nothing to do with why there are so limited items in stock at retailers. I also ordered a fender strat in the same price range as the L3 at the same time. I’m looking into February to take delivery on the strat. I also looked into another guitar from a European manufacturer, the wait time was two years.

EBMM is not a big company and retailers have limited dollars to spend on inventory. I know that L&M does order limited numbers of specific EBMM guitars at times, but they are either often gobbled up by the time they take delivery or get stocked in select stores/markets. Most retailers don’t want to be stuck tying up money with too many $4,000 plus instruments lined up on their walls. Where they do, they will almost always be Fender or Gibson whom they usually have agreements with to take up most of that space. It’s been that way pretty much for as long as I can remember. But more so now as retailers are being more careful on the inventory they carry.
You have a point with the fact fender and Gisbon are likely bigger factories, but most fender models that are in the EBMM price range are custom shop and made to order which is a pretty siginifcant difference. If you are a dealer, sure you have a wait time on custom shop orders especially since most have seperate factories for it, but the Pro 2's/Standards ect are available because they are production instruments made to spec. Not really apples to apples IMO, all i know is a few places told me they didnt want to invest that amount of money into a 1 year waitime. Im not convinced its the fact they are expensive instruments because these places also sell very expensive PRS and other brands that surely sit there for around a year at time for the right buyer to come in an throw down.

morsecode

The fender is a regular production instrument and not a custom shop. As a business person myself in a number of different industries, I don't buy inventory or any other type of asset to sit around and, yes, those dollars to carry inventory or hold any other type of asset are limited.

Top Bottom