• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Marcus2

Congrats to you both. Your shared interests will make your life together that much more fun.

The wedding band is no issue.

My wife and I have been married for just shy of 15 years. They've been great years. Have lots of fun and always remember to laugh.

Marc

Slingy

Mine is a problem but only when I play my classical with the big wide flat board. It constantly makes a knock sound on the edge of the fretboard.

Spudmurphy

Great to hear news like this - congrats. Now take her to Paris for a Romantic wedding.
(ooops that nearly came out as weeding following on from the I pad hic cough!!)

Shadowbox

Mine is a problem but only when I play my classical with the big wide flat board. It constantly makes a knock sound on the edge of the fretboard.

Ditto. Mine knocks around the edge of the fretboard as well. My advice is to order something that has a low profile (height?). Width is not too much of an issue, but the distance that the ring stands off of the top of your finger might be.

Congrats! She's cute!

guitfiddle

I'm with ghynes, if you have a big reception, get a live band. We had my buddies Rockabilly/swing band play. People still talk about that till this day!

Same here Norrin! All our family and friends say it was the best wedding they've ever been too, and that was 5 years ago. We had a great band play that had an extensive repertoire (they could play any tune called basically) and my wife and I and all our musician friends took turns sitting in with them while everyone else danced. We had a great party. Highly recommended radrock!

beej

I'm late to the game here (been in France on vacation) ... congrats man! That's great news. Really happy for you guys.

(Don't forget to tell her that roasted maple makes a great wedding present ...)

threeminutesboy

I'm late to the game here (been in France on vacation) ... congrats man! That's great news. Really happy for you guys.

(Don't forget to tell her that roasted maple makes a great wedding present ...)

Beej too bad you did not tell me I could have taken care of a few beers :p

zombi

I remember reading your posts about the move to New Mexico. I recall you having the sentiment that this may never happen, and I am glad to see you were wrong! My girlfriend (baby mama) and I live together with our daughter but haven't gotten married because it's just too much planning, lol. I mention her because she has an AT-AT and AT-ST tattooed on her back and her roller derby name is Admiral Smackbar. I thought you might get a kick out that, so yeah. Either way, congrats man! Stormtroopers need love too.

ScoobySteve

its-a-trap.jpg

dmcguitar

Concerning the wedding band, I play with a ring on my finger for the first time on friday.. at my wedding! It felt weird when I was getting the guitar setup (just noodling to make sure it was in tune) But later on in the evening when i got up there with the band, I'd say I didn't even realize I was wearing one..

and also, look at yngwie malmsteen, he was more jewelry than Mr. T and can play ok ;)

Astrofreq

Good point about Yngwie. Duly noted.

I'd like to say we're getting a live band, but we're having a VERY low-key wedding. We're getting married at my church for free (such a blessing) and our honeymoon is going to be at our family's cabin (also free). Our reception will be at a restaurant for close family and a few friends. Nothing exorbinant. We're mostly funding this wedding ourselves, so we're on a shoestring budget. I always swore I'd have a live band, but hey, we're going with low key. At least we're not hiring a DJ.

We're just happy to be getting married and starting a life together. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. You guys rule.

Astrofreq

I remember reading your posts about the move to New Mexico. I recall you having the sentiment that this may never happen, and I am glad to see you were wrong! My girlfriend (baby mama) and I live together with our daughter but haven't gotten married because it's just too much planning, lol. I mention her because she has an AT-AT and AT-ST tattooed on her back and her roller derby name is Admiral Smackbar. I thought you might get a kick out that, so yeah. Either way, congrats man! Stormtroopers need love too.

Thanks man. She sounds awesome too!

paranoid70

Thanks guys. You all rock seriously.

Here's my question for you married folk. She is looking for a wedding ring for me. Does it affect your playing and is there a certain style that I should look for? Smooth edge vs. pattern? I'm sure it is a matter of getting used to, but I thought I'd ask. This is all new to me, sort of like playing a jazz standard.

Edit:
Wow, my 2,500 post!

The wedding ring bugs the hell out of me when I play. At times I even found it painful. I actually stopped wearing it all together a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom