• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Ah yes I remember that thread now. Nice that'll be nice to see when it's finished.

Glenn |B)

headcrash

I have an exact same guitar, and really like the read with the black pickguard. But that Dargie looks killer!!!

nervous

Just a little teaser... these are the final before ship finished pics and I am a little bit excited to get this on Monday and getting it all back together to see the finished total vision! That color and effect looks awesome.

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

Just a little teaser... these are the final before ship finished pics and I am a little bit excited to get this on Monday and getting it all back together to see the finished total vision! That color and effect looks awesome.
attachment.php

Wow that is looking great!

GWDavis28

Agreed this is looking really good, can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

Glenn |B)

nervous

Well, using what I had I got it all back together today, set up and playing beautifully. Axis Humbuckers, switch and HH pickguard are a couple weeks out so that's a project for another time. Dying to get it out and play though. I'll take some sexy pics when I can and put the entire refin in a standalone thread for fun and posterity. But for now here's what it looks like as a complete guitar again. The color is actually a bit brighter and livelier than these pics have captured. The difference is stunning and with everything fresh, clean and polished this 22 year old beauty looks and feels brand new!

IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3439.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3438.jpg

nervous

Thanks all. Certainly met my expectations and vision as a final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nervous

Complete!

Last update on this one I think. Just posting the finished pics to close the loop. Finally got everything I was needing in-hand and installed. Brought this back to as close to original spec as possible with genuine EBMM humbuckers, EBMM 5 way preserving all the original splitting options, even genuine EBMM plastic strap button washers! Sounds identical to mt 2016 ASS which was the goal since all my Helix presets are built around that guitar making live changeouts seamless and easy. I think I can call this one complete now an put it into regular use without worry.

IMG-3602.jpg

IMG-3595.jpg

IMG-3592.jpg

GWDavis28

Looks great, nice job!!!! You changed the dot inlays right? Axis Sports used the EBMM signature mini dots.

Glenn |B)

nervous

Looks great, nice job!!!! You changed the dot inlays right? Axis Sports used the EBMM signature mini dots.

Glenn |B)

I did not, that's the way I received but now you have me thinking. I'll take a closer look later today...

nervous

Glenn |B)

So, this is interesting. It's not a detail I would have ever noticed but looking at images of other Sports from the same era none have the larger marker dots. I now have to assume that was part of the work done in the original 'Tele' conversion. I was half hoping they were stickers of some sort but they are not. They are very nicely installed though and would be hard to tell they were not factory installed. For better or worse, if nothing else, I guess it's unique...

Top Bottom