• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

syciprider

Ebony fretboard
- White pearl with paua abalone insert inlays
- Available on all models except the Y2D, Axis, and Axis SS
- Available lined or unlined fretless (no inlays)
- Matching or non matching headstock

So the DDII can be ordered with any pickguard and the 25th Anniversary body/electronics pkg also?

bassmonkeee

So the DDII can be ordered with any pickguard and the 25th Anniversary body/electronics pkg also?

Like any other special finish option, I bet it comes with a set pickguard (in this case, black), and I would also bet my house that it's not available on the 25th Anniversary bass or guitar. It wasn't mentioned because it would have been assumed to be obvious--don't forget that the "25th Anniversary package" includes the redburst finish and quilted or flamed top.

Zippydog

Another question please
Will it have dargie delight 2 printed on the back of the body near the neck plate like the 1st dargies?

thanks

Isn't that common on all EB limited edition basses?
I've not paid attention to EVERY one of them, but seems more the norm than the exception.

Hoping the early photos were just that...early photos.

markbass99

Isn't that common on all EB limited edition basses?
I've not paid attention to EVERY one of them, but seems more the norm than the exception.

Hoping the early photos were just that...early photos.

It's possible that the neck plate may say something, my Blue Dawn says "Limited Edition" and my BFR rosewood says "Custom Made" etched into the metal. The BFR (which I bought new) also came with a certificate of authenticity, the Blue Dawn was used with no cert but it did have a special case w/data plate.

strummer

Enormous Member
It's possible that the neck plate may say something, my Blue Dawn says "Limited Edition" and my BFR rosewood says "Custom Made" etched into the metal. The BFR (which I bought new) also came with a certificate of authenticity, the Blue Dawn was used with no cert but it did have a special case w/data plate.

The 2005 Buttercream and the original Dargies had a printed "logo" right behind the neck plate.

markbass99

Good enough for me Pops, one look at one of these instruments and you will instantly know that it's a badass Music Man machine, 'nuff said. I will be placing my order today ASAP.

Last edited:

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Here are some bass pics for your enjoyment. I also updated the first page.

D2-Stingray-1.jpg

D2-Stingray-2.jpg

D2-Stingray-3.jpg

D2-Stringray-4.jpg

markbass99

As good as that SR looks I think the Bongo is going to be the star of the Dargie's on the bass side due the curvaceousness and the color shiftiness that will result from that. If you're a SR player and you've thought about getting a Bongo in the past, now might be the time to get one that you'll keep for the rest of your life. My order was placed at 11:30 today- sweet caramel apple!

Last edited:

bovinehost

Administrator
:eek:

That's great. I'm safe until I see a Bongo in that color.

I think I'm in the same boat.

Also, I suspect I'd have to win the lottery or something. Maybe I'm even safer than you - plus, I have three green basses.

But....none of them color shift.

No.

That way lies madness.

GreyDad

Likewise, I'm getting a bit weak at the knees

A DDII Bongo 5HHp ebony fretless oh my :eek:

(and I didn't say anything about lined or unlined)

Top Bottom