• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Manfloozy

Likewise, I'm getting a bit weak at the knees

A DDII Bongo 5HHp ebony fretless oh my :eek:

(and I didn't say anything about lined or unlined)

I considered the 5'er again... but ultimately am going to decide against it. Oh my is right though..... Ebony fretless is taaaassssty. 5HHp or 4HSp they will still both be works of art! Cheers! I'm stoked.

oli@bass

Although the Big Al is tempting like Eve... but I'm currently more drawn towards...

Bongo 4 HSP Fretless unlined... that ebony board just calls for a FL

I hope I can make my mind up until the ordering window is closed.

Last edited:

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Final approval sample body.

Carmel-Apple-Green-1.jpg

Carmel-Apple-Green-2.jpg

Carmel-Apple-Green-3.jpg

Carmel-Apple-Green-4.jpg

I expect to see an order with a PO "Bassmonkeee" :D

GreyDad

Is that the 3/4 octave neck option? :D

Looking good, can't wait to see the complete article - I think we're all well and truly hooked :rolleyes:

markbass99

I ordered a 5 Hp so it's really cool to see what it looks like super naked. Very nice, pic #3 is totally doing it for me.

markbass99

Hey what's the fate of that sample body? If it doesn't make it into production I sure wouldn't mind having that for my Bongo Museum that my mancave is slowly turning into (see sig). I promise that the Ball family and all confirmed Bongoloids would always have free admission when I start charging :D . If it helps, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy two DD 2's before the order period is up! ;)

bassmonkeee

Heh, I just noticed this...

I expect to see an order with a PO "Bassmonkeee" :D

A naked body on a stick doesn't count! :p

If I had known about the Dargie II Electric Boogaloo before I booked my trip to Amsterdam, it would already be on order. But, I'm probably not going to be able to justify the expenditure before the ordering window closes.

It wouldn't be the first time I did something stupid, though....

bassmonkeee

Hey what's the fate of that sample body? If it doesn't make it into production I sure wouldn't mind having that for my Bongo Museum that my mancave is slowly turning into (see sig). I promise that the Ball family and all confirmed Bongoloids would always have free admission when I start charging :D . If it helps, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy two DD 2's before the order period is up! ;)

My guess is that they were running out of time to take photos before NAMM this weekend, and Scott simply wanted to torture...well....me. I'm sure it is now a full Bongo that someone will take pictures of at the show this weekend.

Not that I blame you for trying. :D

markbass99

Not that I blame you for trying. :D

Hey Jason, guess who I blamed when I informed the wife that a second DD 2 was going to be ordered? Yup, that would be you, in reference to our conversation about buying two BFR's and the results that could have been realized in hindsight. I'm also trying to use some kind of logic too- only 30 days to order the DD's, a lifetime to pay off the CC = achievable results!

Last edited:

Zippydog

Done deal - I'm in!

DD II Bongo 5HHp.

Money's down and I'm in the first wave of orders (thanks, Brandt!)!

After seeing the Bongo body pics posted above by Dargin, I'm even MORE excited!

Last edited:

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
That body has been sitting in the corner of my cubicle and wears many scar wounds from ramming my chair into it. I just asked an artist shoot it so I could post it to torture Jason. He usually is spot on with his observations around here. Hey he also bought me a tequila shot in Dallas..

Last edited:
Top Bottom