• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Victrola

Alright, so I've told the husband, he thinks the whole thing is great, I've booked our hotel and we're booking airfare today.....and he read the list of events happening. (Yes, he also knows who's coming - he happens to be a Dream Theater fan)....

Anyway, he asked me "What are the Forum Awards?"

And I didn't know.

So, what are the Forum Awards?

SteveB

forum awards

I don't know what the forum awards are either, but I imagine they'll be something like recognition for:

* most likely to be caught in a compromising situation with a BonGo:
winner: bovinehost

* most incomprehensible postings:
urwordsbreakmed

any many more undetermined-as-yet winners:

* most likely to succeed (at pissing BP off)

* least significant post

* best Luke story retold

* most likely to marry Ursula the buffing robot

You know, that sort of thing. (Apologies to bovine and urwords ;).. we only roast the ones we love.)

bovinehost

Administrator
I don't know what Forum Awards are either, come to think of it. I guess the other stuff has been making me all starry-eyed (and Bible black) (Crimson fans will get it).

I seem to recall BP saying to me long ago something about me saying a few words, but I might be making that up.

The above suggestions sound about right to me.

Other categories:

* Most likely to wear Cowpilot shirts at work

*Crabbiest Forumite

* Miss Congential Defect

* Unable to post without profanity

*Most PMs sent to BP

*Still Doesn't Know Who BP Really Is

Victrola

bovinehost said:
I don't know what Forum Awards are either, come to think of it. I guess the other stuff has been making me all starry-eyed (and Bible black) (Crimson fans will get it).

I seem to recall BP saying to me long ago something about me saying a few words, but I might be making that up.

The above suggestions sound about right to me.

Other categories:

* Most likely to wear Cowpilot shirts at work

*Crabbiest Forumite

* Miss Congential Defect

* Unable to post without profanity

*Most PMs sent to BP

*Still Doesn't Know Who BP Really Is

Hilarious categories! Although I don't qualify for any of them, except maybe for the last one (I'm ashamed to admit). But, in my defense, I've only been on the forum about a month.

MikeVt

Victrola said:
Hilarious categories! Although I don't qualify for any of them, except maybe for the last one (I'm ashamed to admit). But, in my defense, I've only been on the forum about a month.

Hey!!! I can help with this one!!! :D :D

BP is Big Poppa, or otherwise known as Sterling Ball. There....I just disqualified you.... ;)

Mike

SteveB

Jack,

I actually wore my coWpilot shirt to work last week. I was supposed to be on vacation all week, but first thing Monday morning I got a call that a drive died on our accounting server. My backup guy was a bit panicked, so I ended up going in to the office. (Worked late into the night and most of the following day, too. great vacation, eh?)

Anyway, since I had to go in on my vacation time, I figured I sure as hell wasn't getting all dressed up.. I donned my coWpilot tee and a pair of shorts.

Maybe I'm in the running for that award?

edit: you sure catch a lot of strange looks when you stroll around a city during lunch time in a coWpilot tee shirt! It was really funny all the stares that shirt received as people tried to process the exact significance... hahaha.

phatduckk

SteveB said:
I don't know what the forum awards are either, but I imagine they'll be something like recognition for:

* most likely to be caught in a compromising situation with a BonGo:
winner: bovinehost

* most incomprehensible postings:
urwordsbreakmed

a few weeks ago BP said i was up for the hacking award :)
im just honored to be nominated

phatduckk

Big Poppa said:
thanks phatty
I forgot! glad those wounds wont heal....I will try to get a pic of billy gates with a fender for you

:) theyre healed up just fine sir. i figure there'd be no harm in poking fun at myself.

how bout a pic of steve jobs w/ an HS Sterling :)

Last edited:

fsmith

I read that article before and loved it. Great read. Good for you BP... And you're right, you couldn't get away treating customers like that.

I'm the IT Security Officer at a large research university, and my life would be soooo much easier if we dumped Microsoft into the harbor and went to open source too. Microsoft's "Terrible Tuesdays" are becoming a royal pain in the a$$ for me.

fred

oh and as far as Paul Allen not using your strings, I guess you'll get over that huh?? :D

fsmith

Ha! Don't I wish!!! My life would be sane again... And I'd be able to keep one in the office for all of the slack time I'd gain.

The IT Security stuff is only about 1/3 of my duties, but it takes up like 7/8 of my time.

There is no love for MS in my world.

Last edited:

phatduckk

Big Poppa said:
Fred if you were open source you wouldnt have three mm gtrs! Youo would be like the Maytag repairman

LoL ... i tured to the Apple Cult a few months ago and love it here in the compound wearing my Nikes :)

As a software engineer I have a love/hate relationship w/ open source stuff. love it cuz its free and i hate it cuz ... well, more often than i like, u get what you pay for

Lucious

The Hang

Guys.. BP-Sterling-Biff..is THE most gracious, generous and soulful host you will EVER meet, not mention being a world class chef and family man etc.. Oh yeah, makes THE baddest guitars and Basses and Strings alive!
I digress..
This will be THE hang of the year. I am looking forward to it as well. I LOVE Steve M. , 'Trucci, Vinnie, La Rue et all.. I now have to figure out what to play as the other guys are so good I should be a panty shield. hahahaha
Looking forward to havin a few laughs and a few beers.
Lucious

Top Bottom